That whole thing about not playing with your food? It doesn't apply at our house, especially at lunch time, and especially when it is the only way to get Jackson interested in his food. I usually make the original design and then he often modifies it as he eats. He'll change a smile to a frown when he eats an eye or nose because the face is sad. Sometimes he comes up with the creations all on his own. ...despite the pictures below, he really eats more than hot dogs. They are just easy to make things out of. And as Jackson says, "You are a good hot dogger, mom!" Quite the compliment!
![]() |
| Another that was Jackson's creation |
![]() |
| I. am. a. ro. bot. |
![]() |
| Didn't take a picture until one of the flowers was almost gone, but you get the idea. |
| Octopus, fish, bubbles, and sea weed |
| This was supposed to be a caterpillar..We've had better ones since. |
![]() |
| Triops was totally his creation |




3 comments:
What fun lunches. I was never that creative. Ants on a long anyone?
Good ideas! I'm like your mom; I just made ants on a log for my boys for the first time yesterday. Fortunately, they are easily impressed and liked them.
dang, natalie! way to be awesome.
and "triops".... oh jackson, way to make uncle jeff so very proud. i owe you a banana.... : )
Post a Comment