Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Museum of Life + Science

Friday, October 14

When my parents were here we went to the Museum of Life and Science in Durham.  I'd heard about it from a few people here and it sounded like fun.  Plus my parents had a membership to a different museum in Atlanta that got us into the museum here.  We had a great time!

Clayton liked the puppets so much that he took one with us (unbeknownst to me) to a different part of the museum.

 I think there were turtles in this exhibit?
 And birds in this one?



We did the museum thing for a while and then took a break for lunch.  Across the parking lot from the museum there was a big dome with tons of picnic tables. There was one lady with two kids there having lunch and I felt kind of bad when we joined the scene because we were kind of loud, playing with the echo from the dome, running around, and such.  And then all of a sudden a flood of 4th graders came.  Suddenly I didn't feel bad for our noise.

 Jackson had fun with Uncle Ryan.
 Checking out the animals at the farm area.  There were cows, pigs, chickens, goats, rabbits ...I don't remember what else.  None of them were very lively when we were there.


The butterfly and bug center was neat.  The butterfly part was very similar to how Callaway Gardens used to be back in its glory days.  We all enjoyed seeing the bug exhibits too...there were some very well camouflaged insects, huge beetles, neon frogs, and creepy spiders.



The dinosaur exhibit was fun.  I'm glad they are all dead now though...some of those guys were pretty big.



It was a fun day and a neat place.  We didn't get to see everything there was and rushed through some of it...guess we'll have to go back some time!

3 comments:

Chris said...

That was a fun museum. Sorry Jack didn't get to join us. Thanks for keeping the Cheez-It factory running Jack!

Jordan said...

You know how we were talking on facebook today about thinking we are each other in the mirror and in pictures? In the picture of you holding Jackson and Clayton on the horse I thought it was me for a second lol... you're wearing my shirt haha.

Jordan said...

PS - please upload the last picture onto facebook and tag Ryan in it... He sure does look handsome when he impersonates a dinosaur. lol