Little Sister is a part of our daily conversations around here. I can't remember exactly when it started, but seems like it's probably been almost a year. Jackson just talks so matter-of-factly about his little sister, it's kinda funny. Most of these comments are totally out of the blue, not even related to what he was doing at the time. None of them are initiated by me at all. Here's just a sampling of the comments from the past weekish:
-(Laying a pillow down on the floor in my room) When my little sister comes, she can sleep on this pillow on the floor.
-(As we're getting in the car) Mom? When my little sister comes, she can sit in that spot (pointing between the car seats) but then when my little brother comes later, we will have to get a bigger car.
-My little sister will like to run around and play chase with me when she gets bigger!
-But I don't waaant my little sister to break my train tracks! Why do babies like to break train tracks? Whyyy?
-Do you think my little sister will be shaped like Dad's sister?
-J: Mom? Is my baby sister in your tummy yet? me: Nope, no baby sister in my tummy yet. J: But why? I want there to be a baby sister in your tummy. Are you sad that there is no baby sister in your tummy?
-When my baby sister is born we will have to get another crib for her---no, I know! Didi's crib is big enough for two babies to sleep in it! They can share a crib!
-My baby sister doesn't know how to use the potty yet. She will just have to wear diapers.
-Maybe when we go to grandma's house we can get a baby sister!
And no, there really is no baby sister (or baby brother, for that matter) in my tummy yet. The way he talks about it, it is hard to not think that the next little Shirts would be a sister. I think we're going to have a rough time convincing him if it really isn't. Who knows, maybe he knows more than we do!
3 comments:
Wow, he really is set on a little sister! You do have to wonder if he has some more intuition (or just imagination?) I saw this post says it is posted by Jack, but then I certainly hope there is no baby in HIS tummy! (ha)--I'm guessing you (Natalie) were signed in on his account when wrote this :)
That is really funny! You know, a lot of people I know who have two of the same gender first and then have a third, find that they are having the other gender, but then again, that's not everyone! Maybe he does know something you don't!
Reading those comments just made me laugh out loud. They are so- Jackson! Such a funny boy. Of course we won't complain if a baby sister comes along, two grandsons have been very sweet too however.
Post a Comment