May 17-20, 2012
We made a very quick trip to Georgia for Ryan's high school graduation, leaving on a Thursday afternoon and returning home Sunday. The drive went fairly well. We did have to make a few more stops than usual, including one on the side of the road, to accommodate our newly-potty trained child.
Friday evening we had a barbecue with some of his friends and their families. It was a nice get-together.
Clayton and Jackson had fun playing with Uncle Bently and all the rest of the family.My favorite part of being there (this time and every time we go) is just sitting around visiting at night.
Mom fell asleep on the couch while we were all talking. Bently and Ryan helped her up and then she fell over again...ok, I guess ya had to be there, but it was pretty funny.
And the main event: Graduation. Ryan was something special (help me out here, Mom...) so he sat up on the stage.
Congrats, Ryan...we were all worried, but somehow you made it through and graduated!
And the Ryan Fan Club:
Mr. Cole was my principal at LaGrange High when I graduated and was there for Jordan and Ryan too. He's retiring this year.
Clayton had fun with his Grampa
Bently's 30th birthday was that weekend when we were there, so we got to celebrate that too.
Grandpa & Grandma West wanted me to take some pictures of them at the old building where we did our family pictures at Christmas time, so I did...
Grama with the boys, fresh from the tub.
I try on my wedding dress every time I go home...it was a stretch (literally) to get it to zip up this time...I know I've said it before, but I think that really was the last time :(
Story time with Great Grandpa West
It was a great quick trip! We're glad that we live close enough that we could be there!

7 comments:
Gee, last I knew your brother was like 14 or something...they grow up fast, huh? I haven't tried on my wedding dress for about, 5 years (and a couple months), and well, obviously right now it certainly wouldn't fit, but I kind of like your "tradition" (even if it's possibly ending...) Next time you go on a road trip, you should stop by and see us (it's only like 3000 miles out of the way!)
how fun! I wish we could have been there!
Hahaha! I totally remember taking the potty chair on car trips!
Wow, so impressive that you can still fit in your Wedding Dress!!
Your boys are so darling!! I'm glad you had such a wonderful time with your family. If your trips down this way are ever not super rushed--we'd love to see you--just let us know and we'll meet you anywhere. And--way to go Jackson and being potty trained!
i think it's AWESOME you can still fit in your dress!! you're STILL hott!!!
You're little boys are darling - and by the way, I still have a standard in my mind to be a mom (well, really just a person) like you :) Seriously.
I wish I had known you from Georgia - I would have picked your brain a few months ago and sent you a long list of questions.
Post a Comment