Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2015

36 weeks with Baby Boy #4

I'm 36 weeks, 2 days pregnant with baby boy #4.  This pregnancy has flown by, just like Tanner's did.  I guess it's being busy with other little people.  Things have gone fairly well.  Around 29-33 ish weeks, I was kind of feeling done and like I'd be ok having a baby any time, even though I knew it really wouldn't be a good thing.  I was sick with a cough and just general blah and lack of energy, so I think that just kind of made me miserable all around.  But once I got over that, I've been fine.  I can't believe I'll be "full term" in 5 days, with my due date less than 4 weeks away.  I had a midwife appointment yesterday, and I'm 2.5 cm dilated and 75% effaced.  I wasn't surprised to hear that...kind of figured I was about there.  The midwife asked if my others had been born early.  Jackson was on his due date, Clayton was 1 week early, and Tanner was 4 days early.  But I did start to dilate early with all of them, then just sort of waddle around for a month or two.  The fundal height was measuring at 33 weeks, not 36, so Donna wanted to order another growth check ultrasound to make sure everything was ok and baby was still growing.  I declined the ultrasound, even though it is fun to see this little person inside of me.  It reeeallly  isn't necessary.  I consented and had one a month ago when I was measuring behind (measuring 29 weeks at 32 weeks I think) just to appease them, but I told her yesterday that this is exactly how it has gone with the other 3 pregnancies.  I measure how I'm "supposed" to measure up until 28 or 32 weeks, and then I get further and further "behind" but baby is actually growing fine, the fluid levels are fine, and there is no problem.  So I am really not concerned at all about baby's growth.
I've got my list of things to do before Baby is born, and once I wrote everything down, it is actually longer than I thought it would be.  I've slowly been working away at it, and hope to have everything done by the time I'm 38.5 or 39 weeks.  I anticipate this person coming before my April 28th "due date" too.

Can't wait to meet you, baby boy!

1 comment:

Becky said...

It's getting exciting! I'm a little jealous; my midwife said they don't check for dilation right now, because it doesn't really indicate when labor will start, anyway. But, I kind of like to know if I happen to be 30 or 40% dilated painlessly or not, but I guess I have to be patient.