Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

10 months

This past week whenever people have asked how old Jackson is, I've said "Almost 10 months" or "He'll be 10 months next week" and a lot of them have responded with, "So he's almost a year old." Noooo! I cannot have an almost one year old! I'm sure it'll be here before I know it. I confess I have already been contemplating his birthday cake. But we've still got two months to go, people.

Jackson really is getting more and more fun every day, and I love him more and more all the time. I confess, when he was born I didn't just ooze love for this little person who was now mine. In those first days, weeks, and months, I liked him and I guess I loved him, but I didn't totally feel that motherly love and attachment that I suppose I had kind of expected. I've got it now though. I'm not exactly sure when it came or where it came from, but I've got it. I really do love this little person of mine. Wow, that was a tangent.

At ten months Jackson:
-Is crawling all over the place
-Pulls himself up to his knees but can't really pull up to standing by himself-Stops crawling and sits up on his knees
-Is eating a lot more big people food, cut up into baby-sized bites
-Loves cottage cheese and has it almost every day with his lunch
-Isn't sleeping as well as he was. Somehow we've gotten out of the habit of putting him down when he was awake...so we are having to start over with crying it out. It was 45 minutes of crying last night, and 20 tonight.
-Still usually takes 2 naps a day, sometimes 3 sometimes 1-Has 8 teeth now! 4 on top and 4 on bottom
-Started playing the drop-everything-on-the-floor-over-and-over-and-over game. It's kinda cute at first, but can get pretty old as I'm sure everyone knows.
-Says "Ohh!" when he drops stuff. I don't know if this is the beginnings of "uh-oh" or just his own word.
-His favorite toys aren't toys---pots, bowls, toothbrushes, hairbrushes, cell phones...those are the things he wants to play with.-I know it's probably too early to really tell how he'll end up, but he definitely favors his left hand for eating & playing with things
-Loves to laugh and play
-Of course, he is a cute and sweet as ever!

6 comments:

Chris said...

What a happy baby. Can't wait to hold him and take lots of pictures with this Grandma and Grandpa. :)
The pictures with his hat on backwards is sure cute...well, they all are!

H.Cook said...

wow, is he really 10 months already???? I can't believe it! He's very cute !

Jordan said...

AWWWW I WANT ONE!!!

Karen said...

sweet boy

Grandma West said...

HI, I loved the picture of Jackson with the hat. He looks like a tough little boy.
My, where does the time go? He will be celbrating his first birthday soon. Sorry, Natalie.
Love Grandma West

Ryan said...

Woohooo! A left hander! Maybe he'll be a chef?

So he's almost a year old? lol