It's now almost a month since I wrote this post, but I haven't posted it yet because of the lack of pictures. My computer is just about dead and doesn't want to cooperate to upload photos. So sorry for the lack of pics, but I'll try to do better for the 17 month post...which should be next week.
Our little boy is growing up so much! He's really a toddler now, not a baby any more. Since he started walking he just seems so much older. He's learning and doing more all the time.
Words Jackson says:
-hi
-bye
-doggy
-duck
-daddy
-mom (this is a new one, and pretty exciting to me!)
-baby (no, not in reference to a future sibling)
-thank you
-eye
-no
-cheese
-shoe
-stuck (sounds like uck)
-cookie
Signs these words:
-more
-banana
-music (his own sign that he made up)
-baby
-milk/drink
...I know there's more, but that's all that comes to mind right now
Can identify body parts:
-nose
-eye
-tongue
-ear
-fingers
-toes
He is such a funny little person, I just love being with him all day! It's amazing to me the things he picks up on and learns, even when I don't realize he's that much attention. I have a hoodie that says "BYU" on it, and I've pointed to the letters and said "BYU" a couple times to him. The other day he was in his high chair eating lunch and I said "BYU" and he pointed to his shirt like I have done to my hoodie. Funny kid!
He's still a scrawny little kid, though ya wouldn't really think so by looking at him. When I took him in for his 15 month check up (he was really 14 1/2 months) he was 19 lbs 8 oz, which isn't even on the growth charts. The doctor was concerned and had me try and beef him up, and then we went back to three weeks later and he'd gained an ounce. Woo hoo? Another three weeks later (on Tuesday of this week) he was 20 lbs 5 oz so we're making progress. He's still not on the charts, though he's getting closer. It's the holidays so I'm sure he'll pack on the pounds..ha. Probably doesn't work that way for little people.
He's got 14 teeth now--- the four front ones on top and bottom, the two eye teeth on top, and then 4 molars. Those were fun coming in...all within a week. At least we got it over with at once I guess.
I had other things I was going to say about this little guy, but my mind is blank right now. I guess I just need to post more frequently.
3 comments:
That's cute about the BYU shirt.
Holy lots of teeth! That must have been one fun week.
Aww, I love reading these posts... even though I know all of these things already its still fun to read it all together.
Post a Comment