Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Walkin' man

Jackson has decided to start walking now. He first took a few steps over a month ago, and then must have thought it wasn't too exciting because he went back to only crawling for a few weeks. 1 1/2 weeks ago, he figured he'd give it another try and seemed to like it a bit more. But for the next few days, he'd only walk in the family room in the same spot where he first (the second time) started walking. Maybe that's the only place it works? He gradually became more and more confident and would walk in other places if he felt like it. This past Sunday he started standing up in the middle of the room (as opposed to pulling himself up on something) and then walking. And since then he's just walking more and more. He's getting faster and less wobbley every day.He still sometimes acts like he can't do it on his own and wants to hold onto our fingers, but he's getting more confident. It catches me off-guard and surprises me whenever he comes walking into the room. For half a second I think "Oh! He's walking!" and then I remember that he knows how. It's so fun to see him learning new things and growing up. Along with learning to walk, he's also learning to climb. Yikes.

7 comments:

Don said...

Good job, Jackson! You're awesome! I don't mean to brag but I've been walking for years.

Becky said...

Way to go, Jackson!

Mindy said...

SO FUN! We are so excited to see this awesome new talent next week!!

Karen said...

Yeah!

Jordan said...

:-)


You still need to do a blog on all the places we've found his soothers

Chris said...

I keep watching that cute video you sent me on the phone with Jackson WALKING in the bedroom saying "bye, bye, bye" and shutting the door... I can't wait to see him in 19 days!! Whose counting though? ha

H.Cook said...

Sorry it's been awhile since I've checked your blog, but congrats on your walking baby! Or should I say toddler? The fun begins!