Sunday morning I was already running a little late for church... it was our Primary program and I'm in the presidency so I was planning to get there early to make sure everything was set up and ready... anyway, I took a shower and then Jackson was playing in the bathtub while I put on my makeup and stuff. I looked over at Jackson and thought, "Where did he get rocks in the bathtub?" Nope. Not rocks. Poop. And not just a little bit. Yes, it was gross. So I got him out, cleaned up the tub, and bathed him again real quick, and then got to church 15 minutes late.Monday morning... Jackson's playing in the tub while I do my hair & makeup. He's splashing and playing and having a jolly old time. Then he's a little bit more quiet. And red in the face. Yep, pooped again. In the tub. Gross.
Tuesday: tub-pooping reprieve.
Wednesday morning...I half-way jokingly tell Jack if the tub pooping happens again, our child may never get another bath again. I wait until after Jackson has gone in his diaper and then put him in the bathtub. He was playing happily, and I glance over and see this:
You have got to be kidding me! No more baths for this kid! I begrudgingly move in to clean it up and have a big sigh when I realize it was just a button that he found in the dryer before his bath and must have still had in his hand. I take a picture on my phone to send to Jack so he can have a chuckle with me. But then... Nooooo! He did it for real. Third time in four days. And this time was the messiest of all.Uggh. He isn't usually so "regular" with his pooping times, but has been fairly consistent this week! I thought I'd figured it out with waiting til after he went in his diaper, but apparently that wasn't good enough. He might take baths in swimming diapers until he's potty trained. Any suggestions?
10 comments:
That is gross! Yesterday Mark gave Luke a shower and when he got out Luke squatted and pooped a nice pile on the floor. Best part, white carpet and it's not our house. We're watching some kids while their parents are out of town. I have no idea what possessed him. I think you should just go with the swim diapers.
That happened to us the other day too, for the first time that I can recall...but it hasn't happened again, thankfully. Maybe the warm water helps "move things along"?
I forgot...why was Jackson in the dryer?
I guess your tub hasn't ever been scrubbed so well that many days in a row, eh? What a bonus. lol
buy some latex gloves,clorox wipes, and always have your camera handy for those moments:) i bet you are getting really good at cleaning the tub!! at least he hasn't tried eating it.....
They still do it when your potty training so I guess you're never safe...
The good news is you'll know what will work if he ever needs help going poop.
Been there. Just be glad it wasn't really loose.
Up the count to 4 times this week. Shesh.
Oh the joy of motherhood!
Ewww! I absolutely hate cleaning up poop out of bathwater. I feel your pain. But, here's a thought: (it may be too early for this, but...it couldn't hurt) Why not try putting him on the toilet around that same time frame that he pooped. You might get lucky and start a form of potty training early. Just a thought, maybe not a great one, but still....:)
Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment