It was 4:45 and I didn't have a clue what we were having for dinner. Jack was coming home early because he had somewhere to be at 6:00. I had ground beef in the fridge so that would be faster than thawing chicken. Nothing in my recipe book was looking fast enough. Then I remembered a box of Hamburger Helper I'd seen in the pantry when I had the pleasure of cleaning out and rearranging it to get rid of ants a week ago. I don't think I've ever made Hamburger Helper before. I'm not really sure where it came from. It was Cheeseburger helper, so I cooked some plain swirly noodles for Clayton to eat since he can't have cheese.
...all of that is really beside the point, but now you have the background.
Dinner time. Jack dishes out the said Hamburger Helper onto Jackson's plate as I put swirly noodles on Clayton's plate.
Jackson: I don't waaaaaaaaannnnt these noodles! I want swirrllyyyy noodles like Clayton.
Jack: Mom made this dinn... (maybe realizing that I didn't really slave over dinner, or maybe just deciding not to battle it out) ...Try again.
Jackson: Can I please have some swirly noodles please?
*gets swirly noodles*
we eat. Jack leaves. Jackson and Clayton finish off the swirly noodles and then Jackson wants more.
Me: Sorry bud, they're all gone. But you can have some of these macaroni noodles with the cheese on them.
Jackson, in a super excited voice: Macaroni and cheese?! Really?! I always wanted some earlier this day!
*I dish it out for him, and he takes a bite*
Jackson: Mmmm!! Why is this so yummy? Whyy? I really like these noodles, mom!
...ok, so this story was way better and actually had a point in my head, but now you have it anyway...
No comments:
Post a Comment