Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Birthday

Jackson was so excited to turn 4 this year.  We made a calendar and he crossed of the days counting down. He was excited to have a few friends over for an "art party" too. 
The night before his birthday, we had this funny little conversation:
Me, grabbing Jackson: I need a 3 year old snuggle! I won't have a 3 year old any more tomorrow!
Jackson: laughing
me: pretending to cry
Jackson: No! No! No! Mom! It's ok! Because we'll have birthday cake!!

On his birthday he woke up and was excited to see the balloons just for his special day.

He insisted that he needed candles in his muffin at breakfast that morning.

We opened the presents from family on his birthday.  He loved it all!


Jackson really wanted to help me decorate his cake.  It took a lot for me to be able to let go of my own ideas (and perfection) and let him do it.  He wanted to make himself out of M&M's on the top of the cake.  First he made it on the counter and then we transferred it to the cake.

For his party he chose four friends from church to come over:  Annabelle, Hannah, Elias, and Michael.  We painted canvases:

Clayton is saying and signing "red" as he paints.


We drew outside with chalk.  The birthday boy was inside pouting at this point.  He had a hard time moving on from one activity to the next.


We ate a rainbow of fruit...

Opened presents... He loved everything and was very excited to have some new toys and crafts to do.



It was a fun day and a fun party!

4 comments:

Elder & Sister Rushton said...

You're such a good Mom. I think the cake was perfect.

Becky said...

Wow, looks like a fun, colorful party! I'm impressed that you were brave enough to let a party of kids wield paint brushes :) (It looks like you were outside, so that probably helped)

Unknown said...

Such a fun looking party. Jackson did a great job designing his colorful cake.

Shawn/Jordan said...

I wish I could have come.