moon
more
milk
cloud
head
hat
eyes
nose
banana
boat
bowl
ball
light
red
yellow
blue
green
eat
egg
hot
in
out
flip flop
poop
rock
stick
uh-oh
hi
mom
dad
wait
knock
hey!
sun
mine
bubble
pop
hand
no
boot
cold
That's about 40 words. Now, at 23 months old, I couldn't even begin to list all the words he says. He comes out with new words every day and has started putting 2 or 3 words together in little phrases. He copies almost everything Jackson says. Of course I've known he really was learning words all the time; he could totally understand everything we were staying quite a while ago. It's just really fun that the speaking part has finally kicked in and now we can have two-way verbal conversations with each other.
He really likes to point out what color everything is and often includes the color with whatever he is talking about. He says pretty much all the colors except orange; he still signs that one. And he's not too good at remembering the word pink. I guess we don't have much pink stuff around for him to practice with. It's really fun to hear him conversing with Jackson as they play (or argue) together.
Jack is still speaking Chinese to him and he's picking up a few more Chinese words. He understands way more than he says, of course. He really likes to sing, too, and is starting to say the words as he sings instead of just sing the tune. He sings Happy Birthday, the ABC song, some of I am a Child of God, and some others.
He's a fun little guy and is getting so big!
3 comments:
Now you need to work on getting him to say "Jordie" :)
That's exactly the same age that Caleb's vocabulary exploded--right between 20 and 21 months. Same thing--he barely said ten words, and then I counted 75 and gave up counting any more. It's so amazing to just watch them grow! Occasionally I worried a bit that Caleb was so quiet, but I figured one day I might look back on that and hardly be able to imagine him quiet. I was right--he certainly is not quiet anymore (at home). I think it's great that Jack is teaching them some Chinese, too. We haven't attempted that, but I've thought of it since hearing that you guys do it. How is your Chinese coming?? :) Have you picked up things while listening to Jack?
It is really amazing when all those little thoughts that they have been thinking just come spilling out all over the place.I especially like when he says
"Gama skype!" :)
Post a Comment