Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

Jackson's 4 year old stats


Weight: 31.5 lbs, 10th percentile
Height: 39.75 inches, 33rd percentile
BMI: 13.9, 4th percentile

He didn't do so well on the vision screening and I was quite surprised.  One eye was fine, but the other eye was not so great.  The right eye was 20/30 and I think they said the left eye was 20/80 maybe? He kept either getting the shapes wrong, saying that they were too blurry, or trying to move my hand to see with both eyes.  So looks like we're off to the pediatric eye doctor!  Could my 4 year old really need glasses?!

3 comments:

Suzanna said...

I didn't know they did vision testing at the 4 year old check up. I'll be interested to see what they do when it's Luke's turn. He'd look cute in glasses! By the way, Logan and Jackson are about the same size. Told you I have giant children!! If I ever have a girl I hope she doesn't get taller than me. Poor girl if she does.

Becky said...

Yeah, Isaac weighs the same as Jackson (but Jackson is a couple inches taller, between Isaac and Caleb). Caleb did the eye test and hearing test, but I guess he did okay, because they didn't say otherwise. I think Jackson would look cute in glasses, too!

Laura said...

Hi, there. You don't know who I am, but I'm not a complete stranger or a stalker! I did know Jack in high school, though not really well. You have a cute little family! So, I felt duty bound to say something about your 4 year old needing glasses because it sounds like he might have what I had when I was little that doctors didn't catch for a while. Its called amblyopia or lazy eye where one eye kind of takes over for the other. The sooner you treat it the better the outcome. So, just do take him to an eye doctor if you haven't already. However, they didn't find mine until the first grade and I'm okay so don't feel bad if you haven't already taken him in.