Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Hello, baby!


I had an ultrasound today to check my fluid levels and baby's growth...at my last midwife appointment at 33.5 weeks, I was measuring a fundal height of 29.5 weeks, so 4 weeks behind.  I wasn't really concerned because I measured behind towards the end with Clayton too.  I did have borderline low fluid levels with him, so they really wanted to make sure everything was ok.  Everything indeed was fine and dandy.  Fluid levels fine, and baby boy is growing.  A lot.  According to the ultrasound measurements, baby is over 7 lbs now, and could gain 2 more pounds before he's born.  I don't really trust the measurements though. ...there is also a 1.4 lb margin of error so we could be a lot less than that.  And I'm planning on it.
The regular ultrasound pictures that the tech lady put on the disk for us are kind of hard to make out.  They're all profile shots...

In this one you can kind of make it out a little better... the top of the head is on the right.  The bumps are the furled eye brow, the nose, and pouty lips.  
  
I had no idea they were going to do 3-D stuff.  I've always thought it's kind of cheating to see the baby so clearly before, but it really was cool to see.  So here he is!  His face & head were smooshed up against the placenta so most of them are just partial views of the face.

 When I showed these pictures to the boy, Clayton said matter-of-factly, "It's my friend."  Jackson asked, "What's your friend?"  Clayton said, "My baby brother is my friend."


We're excited to meet you in person in a few weeks, little boy!

...and remind me...what was your name again?

8 comments:

Jordan said...

How exciting!! Yay I can't wait to meet this little guy. I think he said his name was Andrew or Connor. Or Mason. I like those names but Shawn doesn't so you should use them instead.

I am feeling a little left out that we're not going to have a 3D ultrasound. I know you weren't planning on it but surprise, you got one!

Yay for babies!

Jordan said...

I just looked at the post again :)

Awww cute little guy!

Oh, and it looks like one of his eyes is open in the first 3D picture. cool

Emily said...

Aw, so cute!

Kristi said...

Those pictures are so cool! I can't wait to meet him. I hope you're feeling well and getting settled in your new home.

Unknown said...

Wow! Those pictures are amazing. I can't believe you only have 3-4 weeks left. I'm sure excited to hold that sweet little boy. So glad everything checked out well.

Karen said...

way cool

Jaime said...

i think you should stick with the "o-n" ending thing you've got going on.

i also noticed, the hard ck sound from jackson starts out clayton. so maybe you could find a t name that ends in "o-n" for the new baby... ? but all i can think of is trenton or tyson or.... tron :)

haha. im crazy.

exciting for a new baby!!

Our Family said...

So cute. So fun to look forward to meeting this sweet boy.