Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

T minus ???

Feb 19, 2013
This pregnancy has flown by.  Yes, the second one went by faster than the first, and this one has just gone by in a flash.  Life kinda seems to speed up as I get older (because I'm sooo old).  But really, this has gone by so fast.  I've been a little busy and preoccupied, I suppose.  A 4 year old and a 2 year old, plus the minor thing of moving across the country.  All of a sudden, we're just a few weeks away!  Mom comes in 13 days. My due date is in 23 days.  I'm full term in 2 days!  It really just hit me the past few days that I really need to get a move on and start getting things ready! I bought a pack of newborn diapers and some soothers for this baby, my only baby purchases so far.  I'm planning on getting a going home outfit for him on my next trip to Target.

Feb 28, 2013
Apparently I didn't finish this post last week.  I did have a little panic a few days ago, realizing how close we're getting so I've made a lot of progress in getting ready.  I got the car seat ready, washed all the newborn clothes (they're tiny!), and have mostly packed my bags besides the things on the "last minute" list.  I feel a lot better about things now that I'm a little more prepared.
At my appointment last week (37 weeks) the midwife checked me because we weren't sure that baby was head down.  She said baby was definitely head down, I was 2 cm, 60% effaced, and -2 station.  At my appointment today (38 weeks) I was 3 cm, 80% effaced, and -1 station.  We're making progress here!  It'll be interesting to see how everything compares to the last go-round.  We have been doing the Hypnobabies thing again and I'm looking forward to using that.
My biggest concern at this point is this two year old boy who has recently decided not to sleep.  He did great with the initial move to Washington.  Jackson and Clayton shared a room for the first time when we were in the temporary apartment for 3.5 weeks and they did great. Naps for Clayton were no problem. They were a little more wild getting ready for bed, but after snuggling, he'd lay right down and go to sleep.  Ok, I take that back.  There were a few nights where he cried for a few minutes before quieting down and falling asleep, but it didn't last long.  Moving into the new house, we had initially planned to put the boys in the same room even though we could have them in different rooms.  We put the crib in baby boy's room, and then two twins in Jackson & Clayton's room.  The first two nights went well.  Clayton stayed in his bed and went right to sleep.  Then he realized he could get out of bed.  After a few nights of trying to wrestle him into staying in bed, I gave up and put him in the crib in baby's room.  He did just fine in there and went right to sleep and took good naps in there.  That lasted for about a week.  I have no idea what happened or why, but he suddenly decided that he doesn't need to nap any more and that he doesn't want to sleep at night either.  The first few no-nap days were spent talking and playing in his crib, then he moved on to screaming and crying in there.  And bed time turned into me having to rock him until he was deeply asleep and then

(...ok, never finished this post, but I'll post it anyway...)

No comments: