Pages

Friday, September 18, 2009

Alive & well

Two posts in the last month...I guess I haven't really been in a blogging mood lately. Life has continued to happen though, and we've been quite busy.
We went to Georgia for my brother's wedding last weekend. Bently & Bonnie were married on Sept. 11. It was fun to see them so excited and happy :) Here are a few pictures from the wedding:





I'll probably post more when they get all the pics back from the photographer.

I'm not sure what else we've been up to. Jack is in school (MBA program at BYU) and is enjoying it. ...and ya know, it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be for me. I had gotten very used to Jack being home all the time since he worked from home. I'd heard too many stories or people saying how they never saw their husbands any more once school started and I was kind of dreading it. Maybe once things get going more and he has tests to study for and everything it'll be worse, but so far it's been fine. Jack leaves for campus every morning at 7:40; he has his group meetings, goes to class and all the other extra lectures and meetings they have, and does his homework and studying in between. It depends on the day, but he's home around 5:30 most days. He plays with Jackson, we have dinner, spend a little time together, then I put Jackson down and Jack does homework for a couple hours. I'm sure Jack would say it's stressful and a ton of work, and I know he isn't getting as much sleep as he should, but so far we're managing. We're already getting into applications and trying to get interviews for next summer's internship. It's kind of wierd to me that they're applying and interviewing for things when school has just started three weeks ago...they haven't even had a chance to prove themselves at school, and they're already looking for jobs. Jack's major, OB/HR, does their recruiting very early...and that's ok with me. I like to know where we're going and what we'll be doing and to be able to plan things out.
Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Karen said...

I've missed your posts.

Unknown said...

Good luck to you!

Mindy said...

You guys look great! Funny story... today we were re-watching the Saturday session of conference. Elder Oaks was speaking and Turley was watching the computer screen. Out of the blue he said - "hey mom, (as he referred to the computer screen)that looks like Uncle Jack." We got a good chuckle while Turley was dead serious.