I opened the door to check on Jackson before I went to bed around 11:00 and was hit by the smell of throw-up. Jack cleaned the crib while I held and changed the boy, and he threw up on me three more times. Yuck! I tossed him to Jack while I dry-heaved in the bathroom (If I could throw up, I'm sure I would have!). From 11:00pm til about 3:00am he threw up 12 times I think. I sort of slept while holding him on the leather couch...figured it would do the least damage there and would be more comfortable than the tile floor. I had a pile of clean towels & burp cloths and a bucket of dirty ones. I've now done two full loads of throw-up laundry. It was a long, stinky night. He threw up again twice between 7:30 and 8 this morning, but since then has just had awful diarrhea diapers. I think I'd rather deal with that...at least it is (mostly) contained. I sure hope this ends soon. Yuck.
Update 3/8: In case you wondered how things are going, they are still going..and going... and going. And it is most unfortunate. I'm getting tired of washing poopy clothes and sheets and blankets.
7 comments:
Ahhh, so sad to be that sick! :( I sure wish I could help you out.
Love you lots!!!! xoxoxoxo
Oh, I'm sorry Natalie. Those are the hardest nights. Poor guy, and poor you!
I feel bad for both of you, but I'm not nice enough to wish I could help (lol). Hope Jackson is feeling much better.
Caleb had that fun night about 6 weeks ago. Not fun. It's heartbreaking to see your dear little boy in so much discomfort, and it makes for a very long night. Fortunately, his didn't last long (and was really only one night and then recovery for a few days of messy diapers and lack of appetite). Then, a week later, he went to bed and woke up at 11pm and threw up again! But that might have just been something he ate, because at least it was only once and we got to sleep after we cleaned that up. I hope you are doing better by now.
Oh my...sad! I saw your status on g-chat hoped he was starting to do better. Poor guy!
I hope he gets feeling better soon. I feel so bad for him! I hope you are hanging in there too. Hopefully you guys are getting some good sleep tonight.
poor guy, and poor mommy and daddy. Barf is the worst smell ever. Besides diahrrea diapers.
Post a Comment