So I went in on Friday for an NST and everything was fine. They look for a good, steady heart beat (check!) and for baby moving at least twice during the twenty minutes of monitoring (I had at least two movements each minute during the twenty minutes, so big check!). They also check the amniotic fluid level and that was ok too. Between 5 cm and 25 cm is normal, and I was at 12 cm. But I still had to go back in for an ultrasound on Monday.
Once again, baby boy was measuring exactly on time (between 36 and 37 weeks), was moving around great, heart beat was great, and we even saw the lungs "breathing" on the ultrasound. But this time the amniotic fluid level was lower, around 7 cm. Soooo...I had to go for yet another non-stress test (the results were just fine) and have to go back twice a week to do NST's.
Also, the perinatologist who did the ultrasound said that I need to drink as much water as I can to try to increase the amniotic fluid level and to lay down on my side during the day as much as I can. After day one of trying to do that, I don't know how I'll be able to keep it up for a few more weeks. I feel bad for Jackson having such a lazy mom. Perinatologist said that if the fluid levels don't go up, they may have to induce me early. I reeeallly don't want to do that, but if we need to I guess we will! If there is too little fluid, there is risk of cord compression and baby not getting enough oxygen, either en utero or during delivery. So we want to avoid that!
So that's the latest... I'll have my regular weekly appointment on Thursday and then do the NST thing on Friday. I'll update after that. Until then, I'll be folding and putting away baby clothes, packing hospital bags, and installing an infant car seat... all while laying on my side :)
7 comments:
Being pregnant is so stressful! I watched my sister in laws newborn and Kyler cried for the first twenty minutes because he didn't know where the kid came from and why I wasn't holding him! Hopefully poor Jackson won't have the same reaction when his brother comes! Try to get some rest, you are going to need it with two! I'm exhausted and I only had two for two hours, lol!
Oh, poor you! It'll all be over soon enough, right? This is your second ya know...mine came earlier and earlier with each baby.
I wonder what they would have found if they had done stress tests and ultrasounds with Jackson. That's pretty interesting. They were supposed to have done those stress tests for me with Logan because of the diabetes, but my doctor must have forgotten? Anyway, I'm really excited for you to have this baby!! I'm also excited to see the baby at Christmas! You guys better be around.
That's scary! We'll be anxiously waiting to hear how everything goes. We can't wait to meet this little boy!
Hang in there Natalie!
I saw my OB/GYN today when I was dropping Amy at dance. I told her your story (abbreviated)and asked her what she thought...not much chance of going another 3 weeks! I didn't think so either.
Such talent you have, installing a carseat while laying on your side. I had to do those stress tests everyother day for 2.5 weeks. Mine ended up being over an hour because Ben would move so much they couldn't keep the band on the heart beat.
Good luck with everything.
Post a Comment