We had a great General Conference weekend last week. We started it off with a date night at one of Jack's classmate's parents' houses in Bountiful. Jack's parents watched the boys and put them to bed at their house and we got together with friends for a fun evening. The hosts did a fireside-esque sort of discussion about life: how to balance work and family, how to make sure your family's priorities are right, and how to build strong family relationships. It was really good and gave us a lot to think about, discuss, and work on.
We spent the rest of the weekend in Bountiful watching conference and visiting with family. Clayton practiced sitting up...
Jackson had lots of fun on the "jump-o-reen". It was so beautiful and warm on Saturday! ...and then we woke up to a couple inches of snow Sunday.
Clayton's first time in the swing. He loved it!
Watching conference...
And playing trains during conference. He spent much more time playing than actually sitting on the couch watching, but he'd surprise me every once in a while and would repeat (and usually sing) a phrase that one of the speakers just said. I guess he was listening even if he was doing something else.
Clayton enjoyed it all too...
Proof: I was there too.
We watched the Sunday afternoon session with G&G West and had dinner with them. It was fun to watch Jackson play with my Grandpa. Grandpa is such a tease and Jackson had a great time with him.
I really enjoyed General Conference, as always. Well, I suppose I wasn't really all that attentive to the last October conference, since I was having a baby that day. I'm looking forward to reading the talks again. It is so great to know that we have a living prophet to lead our Church today!
2 comments:
Cute pictures. :)
April 16, 2011
Last week Grandpa and I had such a great time watching Jackson. While Grandpa took some things to the dump I took Jackson for a ride in the wagon. why is it every little boy wants to collect rocks? We had to stop long enough for him to get a hand full of rocks and put them in his pocket.
When grandpa came home they took a walk round the block.
Jackson is really a cute little boy. Very sweet.
Jackson come again
Love, Great grandma WEst
Post a Comment