Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day Out With Thomas!

Thursday, May 26

We took Jackson to see Thomas the Tank Engine this year...We decided that he was the perfect age to love it, and since we didn't end up going to Sea World or doing anything else big, we went to Thomas.  We had a good time.   
All Aboard!  Jackson giving the conductor his ticket.

Here we are on the train.  The ride itself was pretty short and slow, but Jackson liked it.






 We stood in this line to have our picture taken in front of Thomas...it was kind of a long line, and of course you can only have your picture taken with him when he is there at the depot--when he's loading and unloading passengers.  Call me silly, but I wasn't about to go to the Day Out With Thomas without getting a picture in front of Thomas... so we stood in the line.  We took the first picture by the side of Thomas while we were still in line.  Why not?  We slowly made our way to the front of the line, but they kept making announcements--10 minutes until Thomas departs, 5 minutes, 2 minutes...if we didn't have our turn before Thomas departed...  and we made it!  We were the last ones before he left again.  In fact, you can see the conductor looking behind to back away in the picture.  I felt kinda bad for the next folks in line, but we got our picture! I don't know that the rest of my party would have been willing to stand in line for 45 minutes to see him again.

Getting a temporary tattoo of Diesel on his hand, and holding the dog balloon he got. 

On the "tired old engine"
 I think Jackson was more excited to see & climb on this train than he was Thomas...which was kind of disappointing for me. Oh well.  He called this the "Tired Old Engine" from The Little Engine That Could.  He was sooo excited to see this engine!

blowing bubbles

Look at that form!  I think he's got a future in putt-putt


 While we were standing in line to go on some little hand cart things (which we never ended up doing...the line was too long so we gave up)  I told Jackson to go stand by this tree and turn around for me to take his picture in front of Thomas.  So he did...
 Yep, looks like he's peeing on the tree.  Then I clarified for him to turn his whole body around :)

It was a fun little excursion!  Thanks for the ride, Thomas!

No comments: