Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Clayton this week

 Clayton has hit several milestones this week that I wanted to be sure to note...



First of all he started CRAWLING on Monday afternoon.  I knew he was close, but he never did the scooting or army crawl thing.  We were in the kitchen and he just decided to go for it!  I dashed for the camera and recorded his first crawls (is that a word? Like first steps, but not steps...) but for some reason the camera froze mid-recording and it didn't save the video.  So I've got the second and third and fourth times instead, but it was all pretty much the same.  He would get so excited that he could move that he would just start laughing...it was pretty cute.  Every once in a while this week he'll kind of forget how to make himself move forward and will just rock back and forth and fuss, but then he gets it again.   I've tried several times to upload a video of him crawling on here but it isn't working.  A picture will have to do.


Monday morning he figured out how to sit himself up on his own.   It's kind of weird to walk into his room when he wakes up and see him sitting up in his crib.  

He has also picked up on signing his first word this week too.  I haven't really been all that consistent in signing to him, but he picked up "more" and uses it now.  He also recognizes the sign for "fan" and looks up at it when I sign it but he doesn't do it yet.  I'm going to have to check out a book from the library or something to refresh myself on all my baby sign language.

Also, we had our 9-month check-up this week and so his stats are as follows:
Weight:  17 lbs, 13 oz,  8th percentile
Length: 27.25 inches, 14th percentile
Head: 44.45 cm,  23rd percentile

1 comment:

Chris said...

WOW! That's a lot of firsts in one week!