Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July

Being new to the area, we really weren't sure what to do for the Fourth.  We asked around a little and looked online to try and find things going on.  We ended up going to Raleigh to a little fair thing that had vendors, hamburgers, live bands, and a little kid area with bubbles & sidewalk chalk.  We were able to set up our chairs right by the car to watch the fireworks when it got dark and then make a quick getaway. I even attempted to catch fireflies at dusk as we waited for it to get dark just like in the good ole' days.  It was late for the boys, but they did pretty well.  Jackson's attention span didn't last all that long once the fireworks started, but he had fun drawing with the chalk.  I love fireworks!




 

We were invited over to go swimming and have dinner with some friends in the ward.  I didn't get any pictures of the people, but here are the patriotic strawberries I made.  They didn't turn out as lovely as the magazine, and I really not a fan of eating chocolate- (or white chocolate & blue sugar-) dipped strawberries, though I enjoy making them and think they are pretty.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Wow, I've never see such patriotic looking strawberries.