Pages

Friday, July 10, 2009

11 months

Eleven months...wowza.
My little baby is really turning into a little boy! He has grown up and changed so much in this past month it is just hard to believe! It is so fun to watch him learn and change. It just keeps getting better and better!At 11 months, Jackson:
-crawls all over the place, and can be really fast if he wants to. If he is in the family room and I start using the little push carpet sweeper thing on the kitchen rug, he hears it and comes crawling just as fast as he can to try and get it.
-he climbs. I can't open the dishwasher with him in the kitchen or this happens:
-He's learning how to open & close drawers, cupboards, and doors. He's pinched his fingers twice so far. I'm not sure what to do about locks for drawers and cupboards where rubber bands won't work to keep them closed. We can't really install those annoying little locks on the insides because these aren't our cupboards. Suggestions?He's turning into a little copy cat and it is so cute. He's also learning what things are for...He'll put my cell phone up to my face for me to talk. We were on skype with my parents and Jackson picked up the mouse and held it to his face like it was a phone. When his friend Luke was over the other day, Luke was finished with his bottle and put it down, so Jackson picked it up, crawled over to Luke, and tried to put it back in his mouth (why can't you put your own bottle in your own mouth then, Jackson?)
Here he is with his friend Luke Holdaway, who was visiting (with his mom & dad) from Texas.

-Jackson clearly says "Daddy" and has connected it with Jack. When Jack walks in the room Jackson will get so excited and say, "Da-ddy! Da-ddy! Da-ddy!" I need to get it on video!
-He also says "Uh oh!" pretty clearly too. He kind of copies the intonation of "thank you" though he doesn't really say the words.
-He likes music. He'll "sing" along at church or with us. The other day Jack's dad was vacuuming and came near Jackson and then Jackson started singing along at the same pitch as the vacuum. Yes, my child is gifted; he can sing along to the vacuum cleaner.
He eats most of we're eating. He'd rather eat big people food than baby food usually. He still loves baby cereal and has it 3ish times a day, but doesn't eat baby food as often.
He tends to have a favorite new food and will eat lots of it for two or three days and then will burn out on it and move on to something new.
Jackson likes to stack things, put lids on & off of containers, and put things in & out of baskets. While we were at my grandparent's house, he got jars of baby food out of his diaper bag and stacked three jars up all by himself, without anyone showing him how or coaxing him to do it. It's time for us to buy some blocks!
Jackson is finally pulling himself up to standing by himself. He's also now walking while holding onto our hands and is cruising a little bit. (for those unfamiliar with baby lingo, that means walking while holding onto furniture) I think walking on his own is still a fair ways off.
He's doing better at taking a bottle/sippy cup, though he doesn't hold it himself yet. He doesn't drink very much at a time either, but at least he knows it's to dring now. Here, I set the bottle on his tray and apparently he wanted a drink because he was leaning towards it with an open mouth, but didn't get that he had to pick it up and put it in his mouth. I helped him out.
Sleeping...well...I don't really know what's going on there. Some days are ok, some are not. It's still a struggle, but we're working on it. I love to go into his room and peek at him before I go to bed. This is often how I find him. It's so cute I just want to climb in his bed and snuggle him to pieces!
He can be a silly, silly boy. He loves to play peek-a-boo, laugh, and play. We sure love him!

7 comments:

Jordan said...

oh my goodness, he is SOOOO CUTE!!! I am glad I get to see him today even if it is only for about 30 minutes

Karen said...

I love the phone connection. I remember when Jaime was little she knew that a pen & cheque-book went together.

Suzanna said...

It was fun to come and play this last week! Jackson has grown up so much!

Chris said...

It's amazing how quickly he is changing. I just saw him last week, & he wasn't cruizing the furniture then! Such a sweet baby. :)

Becky said...

Those are cute pictures; I like the one of him climbing into the dishwasher! Doesn't it feel like these boys were born just a couple months ago??

Lindsey said...

I'm dreading the whole dishwasher deal. Eliza isn't there yet. The sleeping pictures was adorable. Eliza only recently started sleeping without being totally wrapped up and I love to go and see what position she is in when she wakes up in the morning. She's almost always under the crib bumper in some way. He is sure a cutie and I love his smile!

--jeff * said...

it's nice to know i'm not the only one who sings along with the vacuum cleaner.