Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Shoes

Jackson loves shoes. He loves to try them on and walk around the house, put them on my feet, line them up, carry them around. It's one of the few words that he uses consistently and without too much prodding.
The other day I was doing something in the family room and he was playing happily by the front door. He brought me one of Jack's shoes and did the "uhh uhh uhh" grunty sound that means he wants something. So I put the shoe on my foot. Not what he wanted. I put the shoe on his foot. Not what he wanted. I looked over to where he had been playing and he had about 5 pair of shoes all matched up with their mates (they're usually just kind if in a pile), but the shoe he brought me was mate-less. I found the other one and gave it to him and he was so excited! He yelled, "TWO! two! two!" as he carried both shoes over to the door and matched them up like the others.

It was just a cute little moment where he was working on something, knew what he wanted, and then celebrated getting it.

I like my little boy.

11 comments:

Grandma West said...

Hi Natalie, What a smart little boy you have. It just tickles me to hear of these cute things our great grand children do. Love you, Grandma West

John said...

Smart kid...and amazingly organized. Can you send him to my kids' toy room?

Kristi said...

That's so cute. I love it!

Karen said...

Good looking & smart.

Chris said...

How cute!! :) You had that kind of determination and used to love sorting and organizing things when you were little too, Natalie. Oh, & you loved shoes. :)

Molly said...

SO cute.

Suzanna said...

That's fun to see him catch on to things. What a cutie!

Unknown said...

Oh, how cute! I love it when they figure things out and are so proud of themselves. It's like the whole world should know and celebrate their little triumph. Thanks for sharing. You do have such a cute little guy.

the Villamor's said...

i am glad you like you boy:) he is pretty special!

Jordan said...

I like your little boy too!

smtanners said...

Super cute and what a smarty-pants! Gotta love the little moments.