Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Jackson's Birthday



Jackson on his 0th birthday:

And his first birthday:

Second birthday:

And Birthday Number THREE!

His nursery teacher made this crown for him on Sunday
...he insists that today is NOT his birthday.  I don't know if this is because we already had a party two weeks ago when we were in Georgia or if he's just being silly, but he won't let me sing Happy Birthday to him and he says "It's NOT my birthday!" whenever I say something about it.  Jack went out of town this morning, so we really aren't doing anything super exciting to celebrate today. We did go to a park to play this morning after dropping Jack off at the airport (and before it was too hot outside).  Yes, the boys were still in pajamas.  They didn't care, and there wasn't anyone else at the park yet.


Updated:  The rest of the day...

For dinner that evening we went to Chick-fil-a.  Jack was gone and I didn't want to cook, I like Chick-fil-a, Jackson usually does too, and they have a relatively clean play place.  We went a little early to try to beat the dinner rush and because we were hungry early.  We ate and then went to play.  There were several bigger rowdy kids and so Jackson just stood next to me watching them until they left, then he went to play.

 Some other kids came in, including a 9-year-old boy who was great at playing with the younger kids.  One kid asked Jackson how old he was and he said he was 3! And then a little bit later I overheard him tell another kid that today was his birthday.  So even though he was in denial earlier in the day, he'd come to terms with it and was admitting it now.
 I love that you can trade in the toy for ice cream.  They even had cookie crumbs and gummi bears to top it today! 
Happy Birthday, my boy!

3 comments:

Mel said...

what a funny kid.

Chris said...

I love this 3 year old! :)

Jordan said...

cute. that is cool that you can trade the toy for ice cream... the toys in fast food meals are always lame and ice cream is not lame