I know, I need to post pictures and updates more often so the rest of the world can enjoy our cute baby...but it's hard to get around to things like that when you're so busy just staring at him! So here you have it!We really are loving having this new person in our family and in many ways it seems like he's always been here. Of course, it has only been a week, but he's ours forever!
It is so fun to just sit and watch him. He makes funny little faces. His little yawns are so cute. And so are the sneezes. And he smiles quite a bit too. He even laughed today---I know, you think he probably didn't really laugh but he did....sure the smiles & laughs are involuntary, but still cute. He's really strong, too. We'll sit there with him leaning on our chests and he'll lean back a little and hold his head up and "look" around. He's opening his eyes more and more, but he has since the beginning. The first time I held him he opened his eyes. They're still kind of a grey color but they'll be blue when he gets bigger I'm sure.
We gave him his first bath at home yesterday (pictures & video to come). I'd been wanting to do it for days, but somehow the days just fill up and we never got around to it. We had a baby shower (combined with a bridal shower for my sister) with family yesterday so we decided that we really did have to have the bath before that. His hair had gotten quite greasy from all the head stroking and kissing that has been going on.
Life really is great right now! I've even been getting a decent amount of sleep thanks to my mom's help. Jackson (it still comes more naturally to call him Little Boy, but I guess if I don't start using his name he might be Little Boy when he's 32.) Anyway, Jackson sleeps pretty well during the day, waking up to eat every 2 1/2 -4 hours. At night he seems to get a little more restless and likes to be held. We start going to bed around 10 and then it is usually 1:00 before we're actually in bed. I feed him, then we burp him, change the diaper, burp him some more --he seems to take longer to burp at night too...maybe that's just because we're wanting to go to bed--- and then he wants to eat again. We go through this cycle a few times and then around 1:00 he settles down and we all go to bed. My mom has been great and has kept him with her (she's sleeping on the couch) during the night....and brings him in for me to feed him anywhere from 5:00-8:30 in the morning. 
I'll try to update more often, but no promises!
10 comments:
Wow....I can't believe Little Boy...I mean Jack's son(as Ryan explained his name;)) is really here! I can't believe my 2nd counselor is a MOM! I can't believe your mom is a Gma!! I bet she is loving having little Jackson sleeping next to her on the couch!
I am so glad you posted all these pictures! It feels like I am right there! Can't wait to see you soon and stroke that little head and take a good whiff of that newborn smell!!!
little Boy aka Jackson is sooooo cute, thanks for the pics. I know they change so fast I know it's hard to keep up.
Love ya
Baby yawns make me giddy!
Congrats on the baby. The pictures are pretty cool. From now on life will be even more amazing.
Jackson is so beautiful. Reading about your week & seeing the pics & slide show brought tears to my eyes...don't tell Marty.
AAHHHH! I love that blond hair. So unbelievably cute. I can't wait to meet him!
Congrats! What a handsome little guy! You will be wonderful parents! He's adorable.
-Emily Hamilton (Ashton)
Congrats! What a cute little boy! Love the name. I actually wanted to name one of my boys Jaxon too (just spelled differently). Have fun and enjoy your new little one. It definitely goes by way too fast.
I absolutely believe you that he laughed. Our little guy who was born a week after yours has laughed once too. That's not a newborn spirit in that little body after all.
Congrats on you beautiful bay boy Jackson! Little boys are awesome. We have something in common. We love the name Jackson! Jackson Ira was the name my daughter Sadie would have been named had she been a boy. I'm so happy for you and your family! TRUDY (MK's sis)
Post a Comment