Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

4 months old

Yesterday when I took Jackson in for his 4 month check up, I just couldn't believe that my baby was 4 months old already. Where has the time gone?? 4 months when I was pregnant seemed like foreeeeever. And now this has just gone so quickly.
Today I was sitting there holding Jackson and looked at the clock around 11:00 and thought about where I was 4 months ago today. My little baby was just 4 1/2 hours old. We were in the hospital still of course, and I didn't even know this little person that I now spend all my time with. Life has changed so much in the past 4 months. But it seems like it has always been this way. Was there life before baby?
Jackson now weighs 15 lbs, 4.5 oz, putting him in the 60th percentile for weight...down from the almost 80th percentile at 2 months. He is 26 inches long, and in the 85th percentile for length. And he's still got a small head...16 inches, 12th percentile. He got more shots and didn't really enjoy that, but he did alright. He's been kind of fussy today, especially as the tylenol wears off but hopefully he'll be back to normal tomorrow.
He has really been acting interested in food lately...he'll follow a spoon from the bowl up to my mouth and acts like he's chewing so we decided to try giving him some baby cereal last week. It didn't really work out very well. Only a few spoonfuls actually got in his mouth and they quickly came out again. Maybe we'll try again in a week or two.
Jackson gives kisses now. When we kiss his chubby cheeks he opens his mouth wide and slimes you back. I haven't gotten a picture of this yet. I'm already taking way fewer pictures than I did at first.
He is laughing a little bit now, too. It's really noisy in the background here, but you can still hear his little giggle. He is getting more and more fun as he gets more interactive and more of a personality.

He still hasn't rolled over again, but he is getting much stronger and sits up pretty well with a little balancing help.
We sure love our little boy!

4 comments:

Jordan said...

Very very cute! I can't wait to see him again!!! I can't wait to feed him baby cereal in a few weeks!! he he he.

So yesterday I realized this is your first Christmas away from home as well!!! I'm a little nervous!

Who is that talking in the video?

Don and Kristi said...

That is the cutest video! I love it. I want to see him again.

Becky said...

I love his laugh!

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.