Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Merry December!


I really can't believe it is December already. Life goes by way to fast. I commented to Jack the other day that this year has just flown by so fast and he said life is probably going to be like that from now on. When I asked him how to make it slow down, his response was "die" ...I don't think I will. I'll just try to enjoy it as it speeds along :)
And I really hate to admit it, but Christmas has kind of lost a little of the magic that it used to have. Maybe in the next year or two or three when Jackson is old enough get into it it'll get that magic back. I still love it though, really! I should get out the Christmas music of yesteryear and that'll help bring in the spirit.
Wow, so far this sounds all depressing and Scrooge-esque. This ought to liven things up! Take a look at this face!

Speaking of happy excited babies, I went to Wal-Mart today and put Jackson in the snugli front carrier thing facing outward to see the world. Usually I just keep him in the carseat but he was a little fussy so I decided not to do that. Boy, he sure was excited to see the world! He was just talking and cooing and flapping his arms with excitement at all the new fun things to see. It was fun to have people walk by and smile at the cute baby :)
And despite not having any pictures of it, we did have Thanksgiving. I'll have to get some pictures from Jack's dad...my camera didn't even come out of the diaper bag the entire time we were there, from Wednesday to Sunday. Pathetic. But we had a great time eating, watching movies, eating, playing games, eating, sleeping, shopping, eating... It was a great break! Ok, not so much a break for me---what do I take a break from? Baby? Well, there were more people around to hold him and enjoy his cuteness so that was fun. But I enjoyed Jack having a few days off of work and stuff so we could just play.
I think I'll make gingersnaps tomorrow. That's pretty Christmassy. And we need to finish decorating the tree. So far we only have the lights and red & gold balls. We have quite a collection of ornaments and we need to put them on display! Growing up, we would each get a new ornament every year (often after Christmas when everything is 75% off) and we'd get a homemade one from each of my mom's sisters every year. So after all those years, that adds up to a lot of ornaments! It's fun to have all those that I grew up with on my tree now. Hmmm...I think I posted about this last year. Yep. I did. Here.
Well, sounds like a baby woke up and wants to eat...

5 comments:

Jaime said...

i always love reading your blogs :)

--jeff * said...

i was reading on some important site about the magic of Christmas waning as we get older. it suggested getting together with cool people, watching "the muppet's Christmas carol", and enjoying homemade egg nog. fun for the whole family! ; )

Unknown said...

Your tree sounds like ours. I have yet to put up the rest of our ornaments. Those are some really festive and adorable pictures of Jackson. :) I love them!

Bruce and Mitzi said...

Cute pictures! I agree that life is speeding by too fast. This year was especially fast for me as well. However, if the alternative is to die, I'll take a speedy life too!

I love the ornament tradition. There are such fun memories associated with them.

Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Karen said...

Such cute pictures.
I have my ornaments ready to mail but I'm waiting on pictures. Hmmm, who would have thought I'd have that done before March. I think you just got last years ornaments in July.
Most of us gave up on making them after several years :o