Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Pass the maple syrup, eh?

As of April 17th, I am Canadian. And I had no idea until my dad called to congratulate me. Apparently Canada changed it's citizenship requirements and, since my mom was born in Canada and a Canadian citizen at the time of my birth (and still is), I am now a Canadian citizen too. My mom said that when she told my little sister Amy that she was Canadian now, Amy was worried and said, "You mean I won't be able to vote?" Yes, Amy, you can still vote...well..in 12 years.... we're now dual citizens. I guess I'd better re-learn O Canada! and practice saying "eh" after everything.



6 comments:

Becky said...

how exciting! congrats, and now you can uh, fly two flags...?

~Bekahjo said...

This is hilarious. I love that you're all of a sudden Canadian.

--jeff * said...

that's really cool. i've always liked canada.
i wonder what nationality jackson will be when he grows up?

Karen said...

btw, your mom says eh way more than I do & I live here. I want to hear you sing O Canada in English & French at reunion : D

Chris said...

I can't believe I didn't blog about this! I was so excited to learn that my children will be joining me as proud Canadians. Jackson will not be a Canadian, one parent has to be born in Canada. Sorry. :( Oh well he comes from great Canadian ancestery.
I can teach you O Canada in French & English--I bet Karen doesn't really know it in French. lol

Mike and Emma said...

Alright! That makes us countrymen! My mom was also born and raised in Canada, and I spent a year living there as well...

Tell Jack congrats on getting into BYU!

Mike