
Jackson still isn't walking yet, but he's very close. I've been thinking that for over a month now. One of these days he'll just take off. He loves to walk holding our fingers...He'll run across the room holding onto Jack. I'll have to video it some time. He recently discovered how to use his push toys to walk. He'll cruise all over the room. When he runs into something, he'll go around to the other side and push from the front. Pretty smart, I'd say.

-When he pinches his fingers or bonks his head, a kiss from mom makes everything all better.
-He knows the actions to patty cake, twinkle twinkle little star, and sort of to itsy-bitsy spider
-He folds his arms for prayer and sometimes says "Ay" at the end for amen.
-After 6 months of no new teeth, he's working on tooth number nine. And it's hard work!
-He's kind of in between clothes sizes right now, but I'm not sure what sizes he's between. Most of his 12 month pants fall off his little waist, but 9 month ones would be too short. He can wear 12 or 12-18 month shirts. Still size 3 diapers and size 3 shoes.

-He likes to wash his tray after he eats. When I get him out of his high chair, he tries to take the tray off, then we carry it to the sink. I wash his hands and then he grabs the scrub brush and uses it to clean his tray.
-I have to trim his hair about every other week. It grows so fast, but it is so hard to get him to stay still and not grab the scissors, so I usually try to cut it while he's asleep.
-He's moved up to a big-boy car seat (about 2 weeks ago), though he still fits in the infant one. We got the new one because it was on sale, and then I tried it out in the car to see how it worked, and just never switched back again. I don't love the seat though so I still might return it. He loves playing in the box though!
-If he wants us to go somewhere with him, he'll grab our hand and hold it while he crawls wherever he wants us to go, like inside the car seat box. Or he'll take our hand and put it on a door knob or something he wants us to do for him.
-He's discovered that he has two little holes in his face that are the perfect size to stick his little fingers in, and he thinks it's funny when we pull them out.

Words he says:
-Hi
-Doggy
-Boo!
-uh-oh
-Thank you (day yah-ooh)
-Cheese (ch-chsss)
-Seems like there's more, but I can't think of them right now
Signs he does:
-more
-milk
-baby
-flower
-light
-fan
-Again, I'm probably forgetting some
I know there's probably more to post, but it has taken me a week to get this much done so if I don't post it, he'll be 15 months before it's done!
3 comments:
I love him I love him I love him!
I love his "oh" mouth shapes and sounds and how expressive he is. And way to get him to help clean his tray. Size 3 shoes, huh? Caleb has pretty much outgrown his size 5 summer sandals and the next shoes we have (from our lot of used clothes we got off craigslist) say 2T, which fit pretty well. I am thinking his ski-sized feet might have contributed to his walking...
I don't like the in-between sizes. Wilson could still wear a 2 in pants except they'd be too short but the 3 & 4 fall off his waist. A belt at his age is to much trouble when going potty on his own, I don't think his JK teacher would like that.
Post a Comment