Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A step in the right direction

The day Jackson turned 14 months old, we decided it was time to start coaxing him to walk a little bit more...It took me a while to decide that I really was ready for him to start walking...I didn't push him down every time he stood up or anything, but we just weren't encouraging him and trying to get him to walk between us and stuff, until he hit 14 months and I realized that it really is time. So on Saturday the 10th, we started trying to get him to walk and he took a few steps! For the next few days he'd take some here and there, with a lot of coaxing. His record was 10 steps! ... and then he wouldn't take any for a week or so. He'll take one or two if he feels like it, but he'd rather just crawl if he has to move on his own. He loves to walk around holding our hands. He'll now do it just holding onto one finger and I can tell he really doesn't need it. It's a confidence thing.
He was holding onto just the handle of the push toy, and I guess it made him feel like he was holding onto something and gave him the confidence he needed, because he took quite a few steps holding onto it.

...and Jackson really does wear pants most of the time. I'm not sure why we have so many pictures of him without pants on.

6 comments:

Jordan said...

that's a good idea to just give him the handle. It's cool that worked

Molly said...

pants, pants, pants! he's looking so handsome these days.

Chris said...

It won't be long.... hopefully next time you'll be able to catch it on video. :)

Karen said...

Yeah! Look out, you asked for it.

Daniel Ricks said...

He'll be running around in no time!

Unknown said...

I love the pictures with no pants. Those little baby legs won't stay so precious in the years to come! Congrats to Jackson! Just keep on encouraging. He's almost there!