Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

10.8.10


Yep, that's right folks, we're expecting baby #2, due October 8th. I'm 14 1/2 weeks now. I'm over most of the sickness now, but it was not too fun for a little while. I started feeling sick around week 3, before we even took the test. The sickness also ended a little sooner too (around week 10 or 11) , so I'm glad about that. Despite the term "morning sickness," mornings were best for me. If I needed to wash dishes or do something else like that, I would have to tackle it in the morning or else I just couldn't do it later. By about 10:00 am, I was feeling pretty gross. I'd always (and still try to) take a nap with Jackson in the afternoons to help me make it through the day. Like last time, I never did actually throw up...but I came even closer this time than I did before...especially when Jackson was sick and throwing up. For the most part I think I'm over it, but smells still really get to me. I'm getting energy and life back too, which is kind of nice.
We're going to find out boy or girl this time too. Hopefully we'll be able to do that just before we leave for our internship, so in about 4 or 5 weeks. People have asked if I have any intuition one way or the other, and I just don't know. I was thinking "girl" before I got pregnant, but now I have no clue. I think I thought girl early on with Jackson too, so I guess it doesn't mean much. I really would be totally happy with either. It would be fun for Jackson to have a little buddy to play with in a year or two... but of course it would be fun to have a girl, too :) I guess we'll see in a few weeks!
I feel like I'm showing more and sooner than I did with Jackson. It's really funny though...and I'm sure almost anyone who has ever told people they're pregnant has experienced the same thing... but as soon as you tell someone (or as soon as someone who knows already sees you for the first time) you get that awkward glance at the tummy to see if your'e showing or not. Last night I was standing in a group with about 5 other girls my age and when I told them, every one of them did a tummy check. And I laughed. And then---this is almost as funny to me--- people always say, "Oh you look great! I can't even tell you're pregnant!" Wait a minute...so does that mean it is un-great to look pregnant?
I also feel like I'm way more emotional this time....Jack might think otherwise; maybe I've just forgotten. I've had a couple total meltdowns and many more that I've held back, and for no real reason.... like last night. I just sob and sob and don't know why. Or silly things, like a video about how to properly wash strawberries, brings me to tears. Blame the hormones.
These two little people will be 26 months apart. People usually either ask how far apart they'll be, or I can tell they're trying to calculate it in their heads. So there you have it: 2 years + 2 months.
We're pretty excited! Hooray for babies!

8 comments:

Becky said...

We tried to find a shirt like that for Caleb to wear to break the news last fall, but we were unsuccessful. That's great that Jackson's vocab is growing so much!

Chris said...

And an absolutely adorable Big Brother, at that! :) We are very excited grandparents!!

Chris said...

So sorry that the strawberry cleaning video induced the tears! I'll try to be more sensitive to such things. ;)

Marjorie West said...

Hi, We are so excited that Jackson is going to be a BIG BROTHER!!! Congradulations to Mom and Dad. We love you guys. Love Grandma West

Unknown said...

We are so excited for you too! For the record, when you told us Sunday, I didn't check you tummy! But I do have to join the, "You look Great, you don't even look pregnant"-group. :) Jackson will LOVE having a new playmate! Good luck to all of you. :)

Eevi said...

That is so fun!Congrats!

Our Family said...

Yeah for you all. Congratulations Kappy

Tyler and Rachael said...

super congratulations!!