Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Static Cling

I really think I might go crazy soon. Jackson is being sooo clingy lately! He does just fine going to anyone else and will run around and play when daddy gets home, but when it is just the two of us all day, he will NOT let me put him down. I seriously have to either have a screaming, crying boy or hold him constantly... to eat, cook, try to clean (which doesn't happen as often as it should because it's a lot harder while holding him)--even when I shower & use the bathroom he wants me to hold him. I am really starting to go crazy. I'm trying to "draw the line" at holding him while we eat, and so he just screams and hits his head on the table as he tries to climb on my lap. Right now as I type this, he's sitting on my lap watching Chuggington in a separate window on the computer. He is perfectly happy if I'm carrying him or he's on my lap at the table, but otherwise he just goes crazy, and I do too! It would be so nice if he would just sit in the family room and play with blocks or cars or something while I wash the dishes or just be my own person for a few minutes. Too much to ask? I guess so.

Anyone else's kids like this? Any suggestions to get him to be a little more independent? Help!

8 comments:

Molly said...

No suggestions, just comiseration. Is that a word? I say yes.

Suzanna said...

Sometimes you might just have to let him do the screaming thing. Luke can get like that during the day and every once in a while I just let him cry and usually in a couple minutes he's fine.

smtanners said...

I wish I had a magic answer, but I don't.

Savannah can be the same some days all day until Sky gets home and he holds her and says "You don't need Mmommy." and then she usually gets over it and plays by herself. Silly how when he says that to her I think "Oh yes she does" and I feel bad for her, then she does just fine.

Does Jackson enjoy walks in the stroller? Some days that does the trick for us and then I get some space.

I hope it gets better, from your gmail status it sounds like it!

Becky said...

Caleb has days like that, but fortunately they aren't too frequent. Does Jackson sit by himself if you play with him on the floor with toys? A few months ago, I would put Caleb in my hip sling while I did dishes so he could be "held" and I could have two hands. Now when I am doing something at the counter, I get him a chair to stand on, so he can see what's going on. But it sounds like Jackson is pretty set on being held and needs that comfort right now. Hopefully it will improve soon and it's just a short phase. I try to remind myself that in a few years, my boy won't want mom around as much, so I try to savor it now (even if it's a little bit of overkill sometimes)

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris said...

I remember days like that..."this too shall pass!" I know right now you're not really thinking you will long for these days again, eh? Sure wish I could stop by and give you a break! Hang in there.

Chris said...

You're a wonderful Mommy!!!!! Jackson is so lucky to have a Mommy who spends so much time playing with him and teaching him.

the Villamor's said...

oh so frustrating!! pray for patience is all i have:) it is tough now but will pass. And make sure you find some time for yourself(even if it is when Jack gets home and you haven't seen HIM all day either!:))