Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Kicks & Giggles

I'm just sitting here at the computer, typing my nightly email to Jack (who is in China again) and I'm feeling this little one inside me move around and kick. Oh how I love that feeling! It's been pretty faint up until now, and I've kind of questioned whether or not it really was a baby or just my rumbling tummy, but this is definitely not me. And it makes me so happy!
I'm 17 weeks today, and I can't believe it. This pregnancy is going by so much faster than it did with Jackson. I'm sure that's because I'm so occupied with Jackson now, and last time I was just sitting at my desk at work all day, trying to stay busy. We have THE ultrasound two weeks from today. It really surprised at my last appointment me when it was time to schedule that already! Of course we're excited to find out if this will be a little brother or sister for Jackson. And I really just don't know. Honestly, I would be just as excited about either one.
I had two people at church last week ask if I was pregnant, so I guess that means I'm showing enough for people to tell. I really think it depends on what I wear, but it is getting harder and harder to hide...not that I'm trying to hide it, but you know. I've been wearing maternity pants for about two weeks, and they are so much more comfortable! Jack says I have to take belly pictures again this time. He's determined to be the advocate for the younger children to make sure they get the same treatment as the older ones did. I guess that comes from being the youngest of 6.
I'm feeling great these days...I'm definitely into the "easy" second trimester now. I still usually take a nap with Jackson every day, and smells get to me sometimes, but overall I feel pretty good.
Life is good!

5 comments:

the Villamor's said...

how fun Natalie! yes please take belly pictures again and be sure to wear overalls! love ya!

H.Cook said...

congrats!!! can't wait to find out the gender!! If you guys ever come up near Kirtland, maybe I can meet you in person :)

Chris said...

That's very exciting news to hear that you are feeling the baby move. I was just wondering about that the other day. I guess I forgot to ask, & you forgot to mention it.
I'm looking forward to being at that ultrasound. :)

--jeff * said...

jack's insistance on treating the younger ones equally is interesting.
when caleb gets a new sibling, i imagine him kind of getting "forgotten" (only slightly lightly, of course), which will be the perfect time for cool uncle jeff to swoop in, spend time with him, and secure my position as his favorite for years to come.

maybe that has something to do with me being the oldest, too....?

Karen said...

That is a fun time during the pregnancy. Keep up the naps.