Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Toy Story 3

We went to see Toy Story 3 on Friday evening... We got a coupon book for local stuff here, which has really saved us a lot in admissions to different stuff... anyway, I wanted to see Toy Story 3 and we had coupons for 2-for-1 movie passes to three different theatres... Option number 1 was about 25 minutes away and started either too early for us to get there after Jack got off work or too late for Jackson. Options two and three were both good show times and were about 15 minutes away, but were in more of the downtown Akron area, which is a little sketchy. We figured we'd give it a try, so we put the address in the GPS and headed that way, stopping at McDonalds near the first theatre. It was an interesting part of town...not exactly the nicest neighborhood...but we went to take a look anyway. The area all around it was kind of sketchy---a guy with dreads was sitting at a little stand selling hot dogs and was rolling something to smoke...I'm not quite sure what it was. I didn't stop to ask. The theatre itself was decent though... We walked in to the ticket counter and the girl gave us our tickets and told us the previews were just starting, but didn't tell us which theatre or anything, so we walked through the doors and there it was; it was just one big theatre with a snack bar/restaurant and tables at the back where you could sit to eat and still watch the show. Weird. Anyway, we felt our way to our seats in the almost totally dark theatre and enjoyed the show.
We haven't taken Jackson to a movie in a theatre in a long time so I wasn't sure how he'd do, but figured this movie should keep his attention. It did indeed :) He loved it, and recognized the characters on our Corn Pops box when we got home. It really was a very cute movie; my favorite of the Toy Story movies for sure. So I'd totally recommend it to everyone!

Wow, that was a boring post, and was way too long. Sorry.

4 comments:

--jeff * said...

i like to think that i was there for jackson's first movie theater movie. : )

and i'm glad you highly endorse it; i'll try it at once! hopefully getting a group to go tomorrow night.

Suzanna said...

I loved that movie too! So fun!

Don said...

I surprised the boys by taking them to it for a Father's day activity. We loved it. We missed the previews and I found out later that Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader was one of them. Look it up online if you missed it. It looks very good.

Chris said...

That's still on our summer "To Do" list.