Today:
-Jackson did not want me to shower. Most days, I'll sneak away while he plays with cars or watches Baby Einstein. No sneaking away today. He wasn't just opening the shower curtain like he sometimes does--he was pulling the whole thing out of the shower so water was running all over the floor and all over him. Uggh.
-We went outside to draw with sidewalk chalk. He made requests, and I drew. All the usuals: a choo train; daddy-, mom-, and Jackson-sized airplanes; daddy-, mom-, and Jackson-sized sun; daddy-, mom-, and Jackson-sized hearts; daddy-, mom-, and Jackson-sized ants; etc. He'd start to run away, then stop and look over his shoulder at me and give me the I-know-I-shouldn't-be-doing-this-but-I'm-going-to-tease-you look, laugh, and run back to me. Silly goose!
-I had a headache and laid down on the floor. He came over to me and laid down with me and said, "Mom, snuggle. Mom, snuggle." Such a sweet boy :) I do love how snuggly he is!-As I was making dinner, he wanted to sit up on the counter to help me. I was chopping cabbage. He knows he can't touch the knife, but he wanted to help chop...so he grabbed my arm and would move it up and down while I held the knife. Creative way to help, eh?
-I guess he decided he didn't want what I was making... he opened the cupboard and got out the mixing bowl and said, "Pancakes? Pancakes?" He helps me make pancakes for breakfast a couple times a week. Not for dinner today though.
-His nap (and mine) was cut short when the maintenance man came today. He was still happy in the late afternoon, but was definitely tired. He requested bear, monkey, and blanket and then laid down with them, saying, "Jackson sleepy. Jackson night-night." He didn't sleep, of course, but it was still cute. I like that he's recognizing when he's tired.
While the days can be long sometimes---like today, when he woke up early and didn't go back to sleep like he usually does, and then has a short nap, and then Jack is later coming home from work--- they sure are great. The days kind of all run together and most days we don't really do anything spectacular, but it's all those little things all day long that make my job great.
7 comments:
cute post, and yes, motherhood is about enjoying the little things each day.
wuw hiney.
Jackson certainly has changed. I wish Luke would talk that much, so there would be less whining. I'm glad that you guys have fun together. It can be hard some days trying to keep rambunctious toddlers entertained :)
You are a wonderful mom.
I sure do love that boy...and miss him! I'm glad we got to spend some time with you guys last week and have a peek into your world. :) You are such a great Mom!!
Enjoy it now because soon you will be splitting that attention two ways! -- Dad
This is one of my favorite posts ever. I was giggling the whole time. He is such a cute kid and I miss him so much. I'm sad that I'm missing his growing up. I can't believe he is talking in sentences now!!!
I miss seeing your growing belly too. It was weird looking at pictures on facebook today and your tummy was very pregnant looking. Last I saw you it barely looked like you were pregnant.
Post a Comment