Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Hmmm

I went to my regular weekly midwife appointment on Thursday. The nurse asked if I wanted to be "checked" and I said sure.... the week before there was no difference from the previous week---still 3 cm and 70%. I'd felt a little more crampyness in the past week though, so I had her check me. When the midwife Jennifer came in, she said since I'd be 39 weeks the next day, she'd be willing to strip my membranes to try and get things going if I wanted her to. ....?! I hadn't really thought about or considered that. Do I want her to do it? Aggh, I don't know! It would be a whole lot more convenient for Jack's schedule if we could have this baby on the weekend. And Mom is just waiting around here and can't stay forever.... She said she'd check me and see where I was, and then I could decide. Ok. So she checked and said I was 4.5 to 5 cm and 90% effaced. Wowza! I had her go ahead and strip the membranes. I was concerned that it wouldn't feel to great because I've heard it's quite uncomfortable, but I used my hypnobabies stuff and it really was nothing.
She also said since I was so "favorable" (as far as being dilated and effaced and stuff) that I could do in the next day and be induced if I wanted to. I don't really want to do that since I'm "going natural" so I'm not going in.
I've felt crampy since yesterday, but nothing huge. My pubic bone & hips have been sore for the past few days, and that's continuing. But my biggest complaint is that my tongue hurts. Unrelated to baby stuff, but it hurts. I don't know if the membrane stripping helped things to progress or not. I'm a little concerned that I won't know when to go in to the hospital. Since I'm group B strep positive this time, I'm supposed to get to the hospital 4 hours before baby is born so they can have time to administer the antibiotics. I was really planning on not being in the hospital for that long before baby was born, but I guess if I have to, I have to. Anyway, I've been feeling crampy, kinda coming and going...but I don't know that it is necessarily pressure waves (contractions). I've heard lots of people who do Hypnobabies/Hypnobirthing go pretty quickly, so we'll see.

2 comments:

SMT Family said...

This made me chuckle...and all the more curious to hear the full story! When can I come see you? Now that your mom is gone I better get a call to come and help with Jackson so you can have a nap with baby Clayton.

Chris said...

It was fun to read this...after we knew exactly how your story ended up happening.
As for getting to the hospital 4 hours before giving birth, well, you didn't even know you were going to be having the baby that far in advance. ha
Like you said after Clayton arrived "Well, I guess that's that!!" :)
What a dream delivery!!