Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Doing Grrrrreat!

After a fairly lengthy search, I accepted a job offer today with the Kellogg Company. I'll be an HR Generalist at a Cheese-It plant in Cary, North Carolina. We had a great experience visiting Cary a few weeks ago when they flew us all out to visit/interview (except for Jackson, who stayed with d'Uncle Don and Aunt Kristie--thanks guys!).


It was pretty smart to invite Natalie to come too. While she wasn't interviewed, she did get to join me on a plant tour and meet several of the people I'll be working with. We also spent a couple days just exploring the area.

Saying I'm relieved to finally have a job squared away is more than an understatement. I had final round interviews with several companies, getting to visit New York, Cincinnati, and Minneapolis. But we're glad to be going where we're going. It feels grrrreat!


I didn't know these two brands existed, let alone that Kellogg's makes them. I guess this is where we belong.

9 comments:

--jeff * said...

manfriend, i'm seriously dang happy for you.

and i like how there's a smirk that comes when i think of you working in a cheese-it factory.... : )

but i'm glad that some of the unknowns are now knowns.

and i think it's pretty rad about those "jackson" and "jack's", too.....

way to be awesome.

Grandma West said...

Grandma & Grandpa West Congratulate you.
How far away will you be from Kevin and Chtis? Closer than Utah.
LOve,Grandma

Unknown said...

Congrats! We need to have you over at least one more time! You guys are gonna love N.C. I fell i love with it last summer at a reunion we went to. It's exciting that you'll be only about 8 hours away from Natalie's family! Way to go!

Kristi said...

Yay!!! Congratulations. We are so happy for you!

Our Family said...

I am so happy you have a job. You are far away from our home but glad you have a job you feel good about!

Positive Thoughts said...

See the power of positive thinking within you. God bless you

SMT Family said...

Yay!!! Congrats. We are very excited for you guys.

Chris said...

YAY!!! A job is definitely a Grrreat thing! We're thankful many prayers have been answered.

Wow, this means graduating with your MBA is only a few weeks away. We're so happy for you guys!!

Tyler and Rachael said...

We can't even begin to express how excited we are for you and to tell you again and again and again and again how much you will LOVE Cary, North Carolina. This is where I worked while we were in NC and it is just a great place with amazing schools (I worked at Farmington Woods Elementary school--it won national awards all the time). North Carolina is awesome. It is great weather, beautiful, and super nice people. There are so many different places to vacation as well (just ask us). Seriously--super congrats. We love North Carolina with all of our hearts. And...it is only about 5 hours away--so hopefully we can meet up with you here and there.