I really did not write yesterday's post in an effort to elicit comments from people. But thank you. Thank you for all the blog comments, emails, texts, and phone calls that I've gotten in the past 24 hours. Thank you for telling me that you believe in me and that you don't think I'm a failure. Thank you for letting me know that you care and that there are people I can call when I need to. And thank you for sharing that I'm not alone in these feelings and that you've been there or are there too. It really did make me feel a lot better about things.
Today has been a much better day. Both boys took a good nap this afternoon (and without me napping with them for at least an hour!) so I was able to get a lot done house-cleaning wise. And out of nowhere Jackson came up to me and gave me a hug and said I love you. Yep, that made my day.
To all of you, thanks again for all your support.

5 comments:
It's amazing how all the stress can melt away with one small (kind) act from your child. On one of my roughest days last fall, I was heading out the door for something church-related (my mom was in town and staying with my boys) and Caleb came running up to me and said, "Wiff you." "What?" I asked. "Wuff you," he repeated. "With me?" "No, wuv you," he said. "Love you?" "Yeah!" That was the first time he told me "Love you" and it made everything better.
So, this is Becky, not Brady :)
She gets confused sometimes. :-)
i feel like a jerk for not posting anything now.
rather, i was reading it and thinking, "yeah, that's how i'm feeling, too."
well, the single-guy version.
i think you're pretty dang awesome, natalie.
like, seriously dang.
tell jack to give you a kiss.
or do the dishes for you.
or both.
awww that is so cute that Jackson came up to you and said that... I tell him to say it to me and he won't anymore haha.
Post a Comment