
1. I still prefer chopsticks. It's been more than six years since my mission and nearly three years since I was in China. Yes, I've seen the fork, but I still prefer chopsticks and I use them at least weekly.
2. I love water...swimming, canoeing, rowing, sailing. I love to be in and on the water. I don't do any of those very often, but love to nonetheless.
3. I love numbers, but not math. December 19 will be my 10,000th day alive. Should I
a) eat 10,000 calories
b) run 10,000 steps
c) write 10,000 Chinese characters
d) enjoy a nice date with Natalie...you only turn 10,000 once!
4. I have a fascination with Judaism. There, I said it. Look here and here if you don't know what I mean. I think it would be really cool to trace our family lines back to Israel.
5. Much to Natalie's chagrin, I really enjoy listening to opera. A few years ago, Jeff and I watched Ingmar Bergman's version of Mozart's The Magic Flute in Swedish. It was soo awesome. Sometimes, when Natalie runs errands, I listen to opera with the volume way up. Shocking, aren't I? Below is a nice rendition for those of you who like Andrea Bocelli, Sesame Street, or both (like me).
6. I started a new blog. This one won't be going private. It has a different feel, different content, and is intended for a slightly different audience. It won't include things that are personal about our family, but is mostly my thoughts on politics, religion, family, business, etc. I decided to give wordpress a try. It's still a work in progress. Check it out and add it to your reader.
3 comments:
just today, i was thinking that no one had taken up my tag.
i knew that you liked judaism and chopsticks, but the numbers, water, and opera were new to me.
i seriously dig classical 89, but have learned that, like your wife, i don't much care for opera.
but i did order "the magic flute" from criterion's sale; should be here in a day or two.
if natalie isn't interested, i need someone to watch it with... = )
i have thought of starting a second blog to leave public. then i thought that i have a hard enough time keeping up with this one... but we'll see
oh boy, my 10,000 day must be coming up soon, too!
Hey Jack - Guess what you have at least one sister in law who likes opera too! Me!!!! I don't listen to it all the time, but I definitely have moments when I love it. Especially the "Three Tenors". Amy
Post a Comment