Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A letter from Jackson at 7 months.

Hi, everybody! I am now seven months old. Can you believe it? And I am just getting cuter and cuter by the day. Unfortuantely my mom is kind of being a slacker when it comes to taking pictures of me...can you believe it? Maybe if you complain, she'll get in shape and take more pics.
I just wanted to keep you up to date on my achievements and milestones...
-I am great at sitting up. Most of the time I just kind of balance on my bum with my feet & legs off the ground. Folks say it looks like I'm always going to fall, but I've got it under control. It's talent, really. Just working on my abs at an early age. -I love to eat real food. So far I've had all the stage 1 veggies---carrots, peas, squash, sweet potatoes, beans (NOT my favorite) ...you name it, I've eaten it. I've also had bananas and applesauce. I had my first taste of guacamole last night, thanks to the guy sitting next to me at Los Hermanos. I didn't really like it though.
-I eat baby food twice a day and nurse about 4 or 5 times a day.
-I'm content to stay in one spot usually. I tried the rolling over thing for a while, but it always ended me up on my face, so I kind of quit doing that unless I'm in the mood and really want a toy that's out of reach. I can kind of work my way to it if it isn't too far. I prefer to just whine a little and then my mom or dad usually helps me out. -I am getting pretty good at using my hands and I put everything in my mouth.
-Speaking of mouth, I'm working on getting my third tooth, this one on the top. -I love to be held. All the time. When the moment is right, I'll sit and play by myself, but I'm a people person.
-I'd much rather sleep with my mom & dad than by myself in my crib. My parents usually trick me and lay me down in my crib after I've fallen asleep, but when I wake up 3 hours later, I let them know I don't like it. They're threatening to make me learn to sleep on my own after we get back from Arizona next week. We'll see about that.
-My Grandpa Shirts says it looks like I'm trying to look out of bifocals because I kind of tilt my head back and look down my nose at people. Not down my nose in a condescending (betcha didn't know I knew that word!) way, but just in a bifocal-wearing way. I guess it is easier to tilt my head than to open my eyes all the way. -I'm taking baths in the big tub now and I love to splash! I don't really like laying down to rinse my hair, but other than that, it is great!
-I'm making more noises these days. I like to just kind of yell in short little spurts to hear the echo in my new house. When mom & dad play along and copy me it's pretty funny. -I love to go outside. When I'm fussy, a quick trip outside or a walk around the block is a good way to calm me down. I was enjoying the warm weather we had for a week. What's with the cold again?
-I make a funny smile where I crinkle up my whole face. People think it's pretty funny. -I don't like it when my mom walks out of the room and I can't see her anymore. And I let her know it right away. Sure, it makes it hard for her to unpack or get anything done, but that doesn't bother me! -I love to see other babies and to grab at their faces, feet, and hands.
-I have a new cousin, Addison Kate Shirts. She's the first girl after 11 boys in a row on the Shirts' side of the family!-I like to drink water out of a grown-up's cup. I'm pretty good at it and usually don't even spill very much...unless I try to chew on the glass. I don't take a bottle anymore and I'm not so good with the sippy-cup.
-I'm pretty much just a happy-going guy with a smile that will melt your heart!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

He is so happy, cuddly and cute! It was fun to watch his "babyisms" on Sunday and fun to play games with his mom and dad!

Starla said...

Very cute

Suzanna said...

Jackson is quite a crack up! I think he should write letters more often.

Jordan said...

Oh my goodness, that was such a cute post Jackson!!! I miss you already. Uncle Shawn and I had fun holding you and playing with you on Sunday. I get to see you again tomorrow when your mommy gets her hair cut. I'm excited.
I love you.

Jaime said...

cutest, baby, EVER!

Karen said...

Jackson you should post more often, you had me laughing out loud. You're so darn cute.

H.Cook said...

He is starting to look so "grown up"! I can't believe he's 7 months old.

Chris said...

I read Jacksons blog entry to Amy and she said "How does Jackson know how to type so well???"

Kelly said...

I can't believe how big and cute he's getting! Ahh, the joy of multitasking with baby!!!! Hope to be able to see Jackson in person again sometime soon!

Chris said...

I keep looking at these cute pictures---I don't think I can stand waiting until June or possibly Sept. to kiss those cheeks again!!

Jordan said...

I think Jackson should write a blog post about your haircut yesterday and how much fun he had sitting with his Aunt Jordie :-)

--jeff * said...

jackson:: thanks for the updates. it's nice to see things from your point of view.