Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Grandma's here!

My mom is here visiting and it is great! She got here late Friday night and will be staying until Sunday. I really could get used to having my family close by! I'm sure Jackson wants his Grama and Grampa closer too. I guess I'll have to report on our happenings of the week later after they happen, but we have plans for a lot of visiting and baby admiring, errands and little projects, and even making use of a very willing babysitter while she's in town.
Oh, for those interested in the crib saga... There is an end in sight! We've got a mattress that fits! After talking to 8 different Wal-Mart employees, we got a mattress that we found online that was 27.8 inches wide (almost 3 inches wider than the original one we had) and it fits perfectly into the crib! Jackson slept in it last night for the first time. I wish I could say that he slept perfectly for 8 hours...but really nothing could be further from the truth. He woke up crying every 15 minutes from about midnight to about 3:30. We did get to sleep from 3:30 until around 6:45, so that's not too bad, right? uggghhh. I do like the way the crib all turned out. I need to make some adjustments to the bumper pad and I'm not quite sure how I'm going to do it yet, but that's one of those projects I hope to do while my mom's here. Otherwise it may never happen.
Things are kind of snug in that room, as you can probably tell from the picture....which brings me to my next topic...
A few days ago my sister called me and said that (see if you can follow this) her husband's mom's best friend's mother is going on a mission and was going to rent out her town home that is here in Orem. Jordan and Shawn were going to go look at it, but then she decided that the 96 year old man they're renting from might die if they move. He really likes them. Anyway, Jordan had the lady call us so we could go look at it. She called us on Friday night and it was a lady in our ward! So we went over there and looked at the place on Saturday morning...it is soooo nice. It's only 3 years old, very big, and beautifully furnished. We were really excited about the possibility of this! We've been looking into moving because we just don't have enough space here with all the baby stuff we've accumulated but we really didn't want to leave our ward either. This was the perfect solution! She told us she'd let us know that night if she was going to let us live there or not and I was just going crazy waiting for her to call. When she called and said it was ours I was so excited! I was dancing all over the place and waaahoooooing like crazy! I'm still just soooo sooo sooo excited about it! We still have to work out all the details but we'll most likely move in there March 1 or a little sooner. You're all invited to help us move! And to come over and visit when we get settled of course. I'll post pictures when I take some, but it probably won't be until we move in. For the good news minute in Relief Society today I announced that we found out yesterday that we're moving. The reaction was priceless! Every head turned and the room was filled with "What?! That's not good news! Where are you going? When? You can't leave!" Then I said we were moving to April's home and there was just a huge sigh in the room and a lot of "hooray!" 's and a few punches from people who didn't like my trick. We feel very blessed to be able to move there. It is an answer to many prayers!

Oh, and happy Chinese New Year to everyone tomorrow! May the year of the ox bring joy and good fortune.

9 comments:

SMT Family said...

Gotta love having family in town, especially a grandma. I hope your crib saga continues along the new path and you can be even more pleased with the final product; I bet it will look great in your new place! Take lots of pictures of your great new home in March.

Chris said...

Ahhh, I love that picture with you, Jackson & me. It is sooo fun being here, & getting to cuddle that sweet baby boy. He melts my heart. I could certainly get used to this too!!! :) It was fun to be here when you got the exciting news about moving, & especially fun to see & hear everyones reaction in Relief Society.
We'll work on the bumper pad project.

Kara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kara said...

Corrected post--

Yahoo for a new house! How wonderful that it worked out so perfectly.

The crib has turned out beautifully too.

And that little Jackson gets cuter by the post! :-) I love how his little eyes disappear when he smiles!

Jordan said...

Yay for cute pictures on this post... pictures by yours truly!

And I love having mom in town too! I wish the whole family would move here.

And also, yay for me helping you find a new house. I'm glad I could be an instrument to answer your prayers!

Karen said...

Very exciting. Congrats

John said...

gong xi fa cai

Jaime said...

that is like, the cutest picture of jackson EVER! okay, well maybe not ever. there are ALOT to choose from, but he sure is adorable!

Vee said...

I'm so happy for you! That is fantastic about the house. I love the crib. It turned out beautiful! And Jackson is so adorable.