
You can really only see the first tooth in this picture, but his second tooth broke through the gums yesterday! Hopefully this means the fussiness and sore mouth of teething will subside for a while. He also had an eye infection and stuffy/runny nose for a
little bit, both of which have cleared up mostly so life should get back to normal soon.Oh, and continuing on in the crib saga.... we spent a good part of yesterday putting all the hardware back on and getting it all put together. We cleaned up the office/baby room to make space for it to go. We brought it in the room. It fit just perfectly next to the bookcase on one wall. We were almost done! Then we put the mattress in...... GRRRR! The mattress is about 3 inches too small so there is a big gap between it and the bars, perfect size for baby feet to slip down in and get stuck. Great! So maybe we're not done. We got the mattress for free off of craigslist, so it's not like we're out anything; and it was pretty well-used anyway....but I just want to be DONE with this fun little project! So now the question is this: Which is to blame? Is it the crib that is abnormally big? Or is the mattress abnormally small? Aren't these things supposed to be a standard size? 
Jackson thought he'd try some cheerios this morning too. He at least got a taste of the bowl. He has done better at eating rice cereal the past few times that I've tried. Some days he still spits it out and some days he swallows it. He opens up for the spoon now though.
7 comments:
We used two different crib mattresses with it and never had a problem, so I would blame the mattress. You can use one of ours if you'd like. Good luck!
hmm... I think it is scary that you were going to use a mattress off of craigslist... a used mattress?? Well... it isn't bad if you know the people that used it... if it is from within the family, that isn't gross. The mattress Shawn and I have was his grandparents and that isn't weird... so I would borrow one from Kristi.
By the way, Jackson is precious, but you already know that!
I love the cereal picture.
I don't know if it's any consolation but the crib looks beautiful. Good luck!
That crib saga is a funny story. I hope you get it all figured out sooner or later :)
there really should be a statute of weights and measures for mattresses.
congratulations on moving up to rice cereal, jackson. just beware of your dad stealing a handful when you're praying....
Oh my goodness, what an adorable happy baby.I can hardly wait to cuddle him next week! :) :)
Post a Comment