
The project that wouldn't end MIGHT be at an end finally. I don't even know how many times I have regretted starting this, but once we started it we had to finish (or just give up and buy a new one, which we've come close to doing). We (I) wanted to paint the crib dark brown...we started in July... When I got the primer I asked the paint man if it should be tinted instead of white since we were painting a dark color over it, and he said no... so we primed the crib. I went to get the brown paint. I wanted oil based paint so it would dry hard. I couldn't find it on the shelf so I asked the worker (different place than the first) figuring he'd know exactly where it was. He did walk straight to a can of paint, told me that is what I was looking for, dyed it, and sent me on my way. We painted two coats of it and thought we were done, finally. Later we realized it was NOT the right kind of paint and wasn't ever going to harden, so babies and sheets and stuff would forever stick to the paint. Not a good idea. ...Sooooo, we primed it again. I went to yet another store and got the right kind of paint. We painted it again. The can said it should be dry to the touch in 2 hours...12 hours later, it was still wet. At this point I was ready to give up. Luckily, 24 hours later, it really was dry. So we did the second coat f

or the second time.... I haven't seen it yet (we painted it in Aunt Betty's kitchen since it's too cold out) but word is that it is dry. Now we just have to put it back together...only problem is, we don't remember how it goes!
4 comments:
Wow, stressful!
Won't that be so nice that you have done all the work and I will get to borrow the crib when I have a baby if you're not having your second baby around the same time! he he he :-)
what a hassle, hope you can put it together okay.
I'm sooo glad you finally finished the crib. What a fun project that has been........... ha
Lori says kids can fit in a porta-crib til they are about 4!! That's how long Tori slept in one (in their walk-in closet-no less)ha If ya can't figure out how to get that one together, maybe you could resort to that?
I can attest to the porta-crib in the closet! It does work =) not the ideal nursery but it does work.
Post a Comment