- I felt the Baby move for the first time! It was sooo cool. Starla or anyone else who works in the medical profession, please don't tell me that's not possible, because I did and it wasn't just gas. :)
- Natalie and I attended a funeral for a good brother in our ward. Other than President Hinckley's, it was Natalie's first time going to an LDS funeral. I've probably been to a million. I guess people don't die in Georgia. Maybe that's another good reason to move there.

- I played tennis for the first time in a very long time. Totally wailed on the EQP who lives in the apartment above us. I think he was letting me feel good and he'll wallop me the next time we play.
- I lost my right contact twice, but recovered it once. When I went to put them in one morning, the right one had vanished. I checked everywhere, including my eyeball, but to no avail.
- I went to the hospital...for an interview, not an injury.
- Discovered that Starburst makes two varieties of jelly beans. There's the original flavors bag and now the Tropical bag, including some pretty sweet flavors like mango melon.
- Had my first Cabela's experience. Too bad I was on the clock an in a hurry. I pretty much went in, found the super-sonic earplugs my boss needed for a gig (yes, I still don't have a really real job) and was on my way. But I'll go back again some day...thumpedy thump thump...look at Jackie go.
- Bought the Nancy Drew DVD, which I love, and I defy anyone who thinks I'm a sissy for.
While we were doing the dishes together one night I started singing the third verse of The Star Spangled Banner. I thought it was funny Natalie had never heard those words. She thought it was funny I have them memorized. If you've been deprived of knowing the full song, click here, or look up Hymn #336 in the LDS hymnal. The third stanza of the original poem is not included in the hymn book. (This is a pic I took of the replica of the original Star Spangled Banner now flying at Fort McHenry in Baltimore).- They installed a stop light at the top of the freeway on-ramp next to our place. I think this is a complete waste because the lane doesn't merge, but becomes an exit-only lane for the next exit. Silly.
Pages
Friday, March 14, 2008
In the Past Week
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I've wondered for a long time why no one sings the other verses to the Star Spangled Banner. The first verse is a question,can you see the flag? or indirectly, did we win the battle? No one ever answers the question. Obviously the answer was yes or we wouldn't bother sing about it at all, but as a person who likes closure, I wish people would sing the other verses more often. If I hear the beginning of a song, I like to hear the end.
No one dies in Georgia for sure:) Did you not go to Sis. Star's funeral Natalie?
Post a Comment