So, all along I've been planning on finding out if this is a girl or boy...I've
been counting down the weeks until the ultrasound so I can just finally know! ...and now that I'm less than a week away, I just know know if I want to find out any more. Silly, huh? How am I supposed to buy clothes or crib bedding or blankets or anything like that if I don't find out? Yes, I know there's always green and yellow, but I think one can only have so much green and yellow. And yes, I know I can buy stuff after the baby is born...but I want to start buying stuff now! Don't I? I have until next Tuesday at 11:00 to decide. I feel like I need to convince myself to find out now. And I want help doing that. So everyone needs to tell me why we should find out.
been counting down the weeks until the ultrasound so I can just finally know! ...and now that I'm less than a week away, I just know know if I want to find out any more. Silly, huh? How am I supposed to buy clothes or crib bedding or blankets or anything like that if I don't find out? Yes, I know there's always green and yellow, but I think one can only have so much green and yellow. And yes, I know I can buy stuff after the baby is born...but I want to start buying stuff now! Don't I? I have until next Tuesday at 11:00 to decide. I feel like I need to convince myself to find out now. And I want help doing that. So everyone needs to tell me why we should find out. Ready, set, comment!
15 comments:
yeah, I totally think that you should find out if your baby is a boy or a girl.
Here are ten of my reasons.
Reason #1-
You will be able to better prepare for the birth of your child
Reason #2-
You might miss some great sales on baby things if you don't know whether you're having a boy or girl.
Reason #3-
Your baby might end up only wearing green and yellow if you don't find out soon.
Reason #4-
I cannot buy you baby clothes if I don't find out... I want to buy pink or blue... not green and yellow.
Reason #5-
Mom can go ahead and start collecting more of Amy's things to give you if you are having a baby girl.
Reason #6-
You will not be able to decorate your child's room very cute if you don't know his/her gender.
Reason #7-
People will not be able to start buying you baby gifts as soon.
Reason #8-
Your baby shower will not be as cute or detailed if we do not know the baby's gender.
Reason #9-
I'm sure your mother wants to know!
Reason #10- Most important reason!
I want to know if I am going to have a niece or if I am going to have a nephew!!!!
You know how old school pictures of little boys show them wearing dresses (like from Pres. Benson or Pres Kimball, that era)? Well, I plan for my sons to be secure enough to wear pink. Whether we find out or not, our child doesn't need to be able to camouflage himself in the savannah, only wearing yellow and green.
That's my two bits worth.
Hmmm...maybe that's WHY the little boys wore dresses. Because their mommies didn't know ahead of time if they were going to be a boy or girl, but they had to start making the clothes anyway, so little boys ended up in dresses. Yikes.
jwest06 just about covered it. Another thing to think about is that your future kids could be surprises. If you have once of each, you'll never have to find out again. You could let all the other babies be surprises :D
I say find out, and I plan to as well. This way you can focus on either boy names or girl names, so for me, that helps me "know" by baby a little better, because I can think of it as him or her, even with a specific name if we settle on one. I over heard a girl say she is waiting to be surprised, but she already has 2 boys and 2 girls, so if I was in that situation, I might be surprised too, because then at least you have stuff for both genders. In a way, it would be fun to be surprised, but I just don't think I can be that patient when I have the answer available soon.
You're the momma. Just decide what you want to have, and then have it. Works everytime.
sounds like enough reason to me to find out! I never could stand not to, but I might try it someday. I know people who wait and then never regret it. Whether you wait or not you will have plenty of time to buy things. You will get a lot for your shower. There's no ifs ands or buts about that. Just wait and see what you'll need after that. Oh, and by the way, you don't Have to do pink or blue. There are so many options! Even gender neutral ones!
-Leslie
I know I'm excited to find out, but it's really not up to me. There is also the surprise factor, how many real surprizes do you get in life? on the other hand surprizes can be overrated, and they take away the fun of planning ahead. Wow, I'm so very helpful.
You better find out because I WANT TO KNOW. That way I can pick out the perfect little gifts for my newest niece or nephew!! Enough said.
Don't find out! You can wait! Just think of that moment: "It's a boy!" or "It's a girl!" It's fantastic!!
Also, you can always pick out a very cute boy outfit and a very cute girl outfit to bring them home from the hospital in. Then whatever you don't use, save for someday. Something no one told me though, is that there is a smaller size than 0-3 months! Make sure you get size "newborn" for coming home from the hospital. Stay strong! You can wait! I know you can do it! :)
I just wish we could all get along. You know my opinion, but Kris does have some valid points and I must say that all the reasons to find out that were given are pretty wishy-washy. There's no ifs ands or bums about it.
We've always found out. But then again, as my sweet wife will say, she likes to find out what all her Christmas presents are before Christmas. So...
You need to find out. No matter what people say, yellow and green are not that neutral of colors. Yellow is more girly, green more boyey. Yellow is not the new pink and green is not the new blue. You don't want people to look at your child and wonder if its a boy or girl, but be too embarrassed to ask. Find out! Find out! Find out! You won't regret it!
Golly, this feels like some heated political campaign that's just too tough to decide. No chance of not voting on this one, however. And more importantly, I really will be happy with either outcome.
Find out or wait, girl or boy. Either way, I'm gonna be a daddy.
So, I hope you don't care but I am totally posting on your blog. I just found it on the Taylor's and Congratulations..your pregnant!
So, YOU TOTALLY SHOULD WAIT to find out! It is so much better than CHRISTMAS!! Besides if you find out and it is a girl, then all she will ever wear is PINK, yeah, my sister said after all her showers she would walk into her babies room and think of pepto it was SO pink!
Yeah, you'll miss some sales but hey, you'll be able to catch every other sale for the rest of your childs life, why rush?!
I didn't find out with both of mine and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!
(You'll absolutely love it if you do find out too.) It is just something about the suspence that is just so fun! Oh man, such fun!
I love that I am posting on your blog. It looks like you guys are great and happy and I am so glad!
Wow, that was way more than the TWO cents I intended on! :)
Good luck with all the plans and such, what an exciting time for you! Congrats again! :) :)
Becca-
Post a Comment