I might be silly, but I've been into coupons lately. ...not to the point of buying stuff we don't need just to "save" money, but really truly saving $$ on things that we buy anyway.For example:
Smith's has Honey Bunches of Oats on sale 4 boxes for $4 (sale ends today---act quickly!). I found printable coupons online here (bottom right corner) for $2 off Chocolate Honey Bunches of Oats, and was able to print it 3 times. You can only buy 4 boxes of cereal per transaction at Smiths, but if you do it right, you can get 12 boxes for $6---that's 50 cents each! The chocolate kind isn't my favorite, but Jack likes it, and it's worth getting even if you don't ever eat it, just so you can use the coupon.
Yesterday we needed to get some things from Lowe's so I googled "Lowes coupon" and found one here for $10 off a purchase of $25 or more when you use a Visa card. So, we broke our purchases down into two transactions and saved $20. 

Oh, and I got 40% off my thread at Joann's so I can keep on sewing the crib bedding...I ran out a few days ago. Sure, thread isn't a very expensive thing anyway, but why not save 40% on it?
Yes, you can roll your eyes at me.
UPDATE:
We went tonight to get the cereal and there was nothing left. There were a few damaged boxes of the chocolate Honey Bunches of Oats, and some cocoa pebbles, fruity pebbles, and smacks or something else.... So we ended up getting 3 boxes of the chocolate HBO's and a box of something else. It ended up being 24 cents for 4 boxes, or 6 cents each. Sure, that's a good price...but I wanted my Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds. And they don't do rain checks because it was a manufacturer's sale. Lame. Oh well.
UPDATE:
We went tonight to get the cereal and there was nothing left. There were a few damaged boxes of the chocolate Honey Bunches of Oats, and some cocoa pebbles, fruity pebbles, and smacks or something else.... So we ended up getting 3 boxes of the chocolate HBO's and a box of something else. It ended up being 24 cents for 4 boxes, or 6 cents each. Sure, that's a good price...but I wanted my Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds. And they don't do rain checks because it was a manufacturer's sale. Lame. Oh well.
5 comments:
I got twelve boxes of HBO last week. I love that stuff! In fact, I'm going to go eat some now.
:-)
hey this is tara lapierre, jeremy's wife, you should check out pinchingyourpennies.com and they have all they best deal spelled out for you right there! I have been couponing for almost a year and make money and spent very little at the grocery store sometimes!!
We did make it to Smith's last night. We bought the last of the HBO boxes in the store. We ended up paying $.06 per box, and that's just because they have a policy that they can't pay you. We would've made money otherwise.
I have a coupon story for you... but it isn't really something to share on here... so I'm emailing my story to you...
it's fun to do isn't it?
Post a Comment