Pages

Friday, May 2, 2008

Happy 100 days!

Even though the countdown on here says 99 days to go, we're staying 100. (My due date is either Aug 9th or 10th...I've decided to think it is the 10th so when the 9th rolls around and I haven't had this baby yet, I won't feel as bad.)

So Happy 100 Days to go to us! In celebration of this momentous occasion, well... umm... I made two different kids of muffins this morning? Ok, that had nothing to do with 100 days, but I didn't really want double chocolate and Jack didn't really want lemon poppy seed. (and don't be too impressed...both were from a box.)


Anyway, 100 (ish) days to go. A lot needs to happen in those 100 days! We haven't really done a whole lot as far as getting stuff for this child because hopefully we'll be moving before then. I'd really like to be settled in a new place before he comes, but we don't know where that place needs to be yet... Won't someone just please give Jack a new job? Or at least tell us where to move?


I have been making use of my not-working-full-time status to get quite a bit done on the crib bedding. So far I've got the quilt and bumper pads pieced together. I haven't put it together with the batting and stuff yet...I'm kind of scared to do that. I don't really know why though. I guess I don't want to ruin it. I don't know yet how I'm going to do the quilting...not sure if I should tie it or really quilt it, and what pattern to do. Any suggestions? This isn't the best picture...it was taken with my phone... but you can get the idea here. The bumpers are the same type of patchwork pattern.

Wow, I really just kind of ramble on from one thing to another. It's your own fault for reading my blog.

4 comments:

Jordan said...

happy 100 days till due day!
Guess what else! I'm going to wish you an early happy 1 year anniversary!! YAY!!

Karen said...

I love the quilt.

Mollie said...

So cute! I am quite impressed with your domesticity.

Unknown said...

Love it Natalie! I've tyed a few quilts for my daughters and some friends. If you've never done it, I could give you some pointers. I really like the quilted look lately. I've never really done it, except for x's across big blocks on the one I did for Caleb, but I really want to learn someday! I know you can pay other people to do it, but then again, that is money out of your pocket.