Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mom! Mom! Is she going to have a baby??


I was with my sister Jordan at Target last night---she was trying on some shorts and I was just standing there in the hall of the dressing room. There was a lady standing there holding a 2 year old and her 4 or 5 year old girl was running back and forth down the row. The little girl looked at me and then went over to her mom and whispered, "Mom! Mom! She's pregnant! Is she going to have a baby??" The mom was quite embarrassed and kept trying to hush her daughter and told her you don't ask those kinds of things. "But mom, she is, huh?" I looked at them and smiled and said that it is ok, I am. The mom was relieved and said her daughter is just fascinated by pregnant bellies and asks that a lot---and a lot of the time they aren't really pregnant.

I was glad that I really am...but then it made me wonder if I just look fat, if the mom couldn't tell if I was or not.

4 comments:

Jordan said...

ha ha ha... I was there.... this is true...

Chris said...

Five year olds can be quite inquisitive and usually do just say what they are thinking...
You definitely look pregnant NOT fat, & it's a pretty cute look on you !!

Starla said...

You definitely look pregnant!

Becky said...

I was at work last week and a patient said, "I didn't know you were going to have a baby--oh, I hope you're going to have a baby..." she added, realizing she might have said the wrong thing. I assurred her that I am going to have a baby. It's that stage where 90% of the time, you can be sure the person is pregnant, but there are a few instances where it is just the way the person carries their weight--I'd hate to be one of them and get asked if I'm pregnant all the time...