Week 26Baby:
Your baby measures about 9.2 inches from crown to rump and weighs almost 2 pounds now. Its hearing is fully developed. As the fetus reacts to sounds, its pulse increases. Your baby will even move in rhythm to music. Lungs are still growing but are not yet mature. Patterns of your baby's brain waves appear like a full-term newborn. It also has patterns of sleeping and waking. For months your baby's eyes have been shut, but now they're almost fully developed and will soon be ready to open. Interestingly, whatever his ethnicity his eyes are blue at this time: The irises don't display their final color until a few months after birth. Your baby's brain is maturing rapidly, and he's growing quickly. He's more than nine inches long and two pounds this week. He's still quite lean, but by the time you meet him, he'll be cute and chubby.
Mom-to-be:
The baby's constant movements should be reassuring. You'll be putting on weight at the rate of about 1 pound per week now. You may be feeling some rib pain as your baby grows and pushes upward on your rib cage. The pressure may also be causing indigestion and heartburn. You may even be feeling stitch-like pains down the sides of your abdomen as your uterine muscle stretches.
5 comments:
That is so cool that we can know what goes on at each stage....but makes me wonder how science knows all that stuff?!!?
I like the part where they can feel rhythm....I think that is what it said...if I go back to your post I will lose this comment:) Really cool that baby boy can recognize your voice though!!
Are you feeling those pains like it said?
yes, Natalie is definitely feeling those pains. Last night she woke up at about four and told me she was dreaming that some punk teenage boys were throwing giant-size tobasco bottles and seedless watermelons at her. Her side really hurt when she woke up.
wow... sounds like you're going to be having fun.
fun dreams sister!
I keep having dreams about little baby Shirts... I think I told you this already though... but yeah, he's talking at 2-3 months old. He's a genius!
that is a very cool dream.
i'm sorry it hurt.
Post a Comment